Question Why is this happening? / PC random black screens but my pc is still on.

Aug 31, 2024
SO…
I have been having this issue for months and I'm not sure if its hardware or a software problem but my screen will go black at random times, only leaving me to shut off my pc (cause its still on after black screen) and turn it back on. This black screen thing can happen at ANY time at the least you would expect it. Now every time I would do this I would hear some kind of error and i'm not even sure if thats even the main issue. But I can look in event viewer and see what this BS is all about.

All of the errors in my event viewer says

"The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated with the following error: A generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure."

And there are like a ton of these errors with that same message

If ANYONE is having this same issue or similar please respond.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?

"The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated with the following error: A generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure."
When screen goes black, thy the following command: hold down Windows key and press Ctrl + Shift + B on your keyboard.
Look if image comes back.

If it does, good, it narrows down things.
This command restarts GPU drivers. Note: this command may not work when you are in-game when screen goes black.

If not, issue is more severe.
If you boot into Safe Mode, does the black screen issue remain? Or is everything fine in Safe Mode?

Are you running latest GPU drivers?