[SOLVED] Why is this pc running much better?

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
Hello! i have a question

so i was on this pc that has that kinda has the same specs as me but it's running much better?

i have a 1366x768 monitor
other pc has 1920x1080

My specs are : Rx580 4gb, i5-4460, 8gb ddr3, 250Gb 860 evo+1tb hdd, 520W , Win10

the other pc : Rx570 8gb, i5-3470, 16gb ddr3, 1tb, 450W, Win10

what i noticed on the task manager is that my CPU was 100% and GPU 40-50% the game was running on 37-40 FPS

on the other pc's task manager the CPU was 70% and GPU 100% it was running on 60 FPS

the game is AC odessey, so what's the problem exactly? both rams are 1600Mhz, my power supply brand is better too, ( both were on very high )

i should also point that my CPU is used by me for 4 years or higher, i don't know the other pc
Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
I forgot the other pc ram was ddr4, so what do you recommend me to do? I recently got the graphic card so my budget isn't good :/
The DDR4 doesn't matter.
You really need a stronger cpu, since 1366x768 isn't demanding on today's gpus by any means.

If you can find a second hand 4770 or 4790 for like under $100USD - any more than that is overpriced, IMO, and you'd be better served with a brand new cpu/mobo/memory combo.
Also, a 2x 8GB memory kit - sell the single stick, if that's your current configuration. Reason: mixing memory can backfire.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'd say it's a combination of the available memory and monitor resolutions in question.

what i noticed on the task manager is that my CPU was 100% and GPU 40-50% the game was running on 37-40 FPS
Without a doubt, a cpu - and MAYBE ram - bottleneck. The fact that you play on a lower resolution doesn't help.
As you go higher in resolution, the workload on the cpu decreases and the load on the gpu increases. Vice versa going back down.

other pc has 1920x1080
on the other pc's task manager the CPU was 70% and GPU 100% it was running on 60 FPS
This one could also be cpu limited - would really need to look at individual thread usage... but it does have more available memory, which slows down as it approaches max capacity - once full, the cpu then grabs a storage drive, and things really slow down...
Also, the higher resolution thing.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
8gb ddr3, SINGLE CHANNEL
VS
16gb ddr3 DUAL CHANNEL

that's first.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSX2taw-Y4

second:
windows.
you cannot guarantee that it will perform identical because its crapy.
third:
FULL DISKs
every storage will work poorly if filled over 80%.
I will recommend you this:
its all in 1 tool to do a lot of cleanups around windows. I bet they will help at least a bit.
last:
solid check if windows is infected with something.

PS check temps. If you reach 80, its THERMAL THROTTLING and you need to clean up dust/redo paste.

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
I'd say it's a combination of the available memory and monitor resolutions in question.

Without a doubt, a cpu - and MAYBE ram - bottleneck. The fact that you play on a lower resolution doesn't help.
As you go higher in resolution, the workload on the cpu decreases and the load on the gpu increases. Vice versa going back down.

This one could also be cpu limited - would really need to look at individual thread usage... but it does have more available memory, which slows down as it approaches max capacity - once full, the cpu then grabs a storage drive, and things really slow down...
Also, the higher resolution thing.
I forgot the other pc ram was ddr4, so what do you recommend me to do? I recently got the graphic card so my budget isn't good :/

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
8gb ddr3, SINGLE CHANNEL
VS
16gb ddr3 DUAL CHANNEL

that's first.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSX2taw-Y4

second:
windows.
you cannot guarantee that it will perform identical because its crapy.
third:
FULL DISKs
every storage will work poorly if filled over 80%.
I will recommend you this:
its all in 1 tool to do a lot of cleanups around windows. I bet they will help at least a bit.
last:
solid check if windows is infected with something.

PS check temps. If you reach 80, its THERMAL THROTTLING and you need to clean up dust/redo paste.
My storage isn't filled, i also opened the case and cleaned the cpu and redo thermal paste but nothing happened still the same, but right now im playing under 60 so im fine, windows isn't infected i checked, everything still the same :/

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The DDR4 doesn't matter.
You really need a stronger cpu, since 1366x768 isn't demanding on today's gpus by any means.

If you can find a second hand 4770 or 4790 for like under $100USD - any more than that is overpriced, IMO, and you'd be better served with a brand new cpu/mobo/memory combo.
Also, a 2x 8GB memory kit - sell the single stick, if that's your current configuration. Reason: mixing memory can backfire.

Last edited:
Solution

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Hello! i have a question

so i was on this pc that has that kinda has the same specs as me but it's running much better?

other pc has 1920x1080

My specs are : Rx580 4gb, i5-4460, 8gb ddr3, 250Gb 860 evo+1tb hdd, 520W , Win10

the other pc : Rx570 8gb, i5-3470, 16gb ddr3, 1tb, 450W, Win10

the game is AC odessey, so what's the problem exactly? both rams are 1600Mhz, my power supply brand is better too, ( both were on very high )

i should also point that my CPU is used by me for 4 years or higher, i don't know the other pc
Thanks

Wait what is your processor?

If your processor is at 100%, it's bottlenecking the game, and that's what's limiting your game performance.

On the other system, the graphics card is the bottleneck, with a higher overall game performance due to not being CPU limited.

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
The DDR4 doesn't matter.

the other pc has kind of the same processor performance, only difference is that he has 16gb ram and 1080p monitor, and his CPU is 60% so why change my CPU

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
the other pc has kind of the same processor performance, only difference is that he has 16gb ram and 1080p monitor, and his CPU is 60% so why change my CPU
Because in your situation, the game's performance is more dependent on the cpu for a smooth framerate.

Yes, the 2 cpus' performance is identical, but what's setting yours and theirs apart is(AGAIN):
-lower resolution is harder on the cpu, lighter on the gpu. Your RX 580 also isn't working as hard as their RX570; it doesn't need to.
-8GBs VS 16GBs of ram: The game is likely maxing out(or close to it) on your 8GBs, whereas the other guy has plenty of headroom.

my bad seems it was ddr4 , do i have to get a ddr4 mobo ?
That means a new cpu and ram as well... I thought your budget was tight?

I believe there's some kind of confusion going on here. Neither the I5-4460(Intel 4th gen; Haswell) nor the I5-3470(Intel 3rd gen; Ivy Bridge) supports DDR4 memory.
DDR4 is supported on cpus from Intel 6th gen(Skylake) and later.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
my bad seems it was ddr4 , do i have to get a ddr4 mobo ?
So it seems you don't actually know the specs of the other system. So what we have is some other PC with unknown specs performing differently than yours. Not an issue.

As far as your own performance, as stated above the fact that you're running at a low resolution with 8GB of RAM in single channel explains why you're CPU-limited.

You don't get a new mobo for the sake of getting DDR4. You get a new mobo for the sake of getting a new CPU, and you get whatever RAM is supported by that CPU (i.e. DDR4 for all modern CPUs).