[SOLVED] Why my fps dropped randomly

Packers55

Prominent
Jan 23, 2021
Hi, I play on a alienware 17 r4 and I've been playing on it for the past month and its been working just fine but recently my fps just shot down out of nowhere one day while playing warzone it was running at 60 fps during game play and the next day it just shot down to 15-20 during game play and I can't figure out why I have tried many things such as factory reset etc updating drivers and I'm just clueless

Solution
Hi, I play on a alienware 17 r4 and I've been playing on it for the past month and its been working just fine but recently my fps just shot down out of nowhere one day while playing warzone it was running at 60 fps during game play and the next day it just shot down to 15-20 during game play and I can't figure out why I have tried many things such as factory reset etc updating drivers and I'm just clueless

Update your drivers if occurred after a driver update go back to your previous drivers, make sure your computer is clean of unnecessary files and has enough space in its storage, scan for malware or any other harmful things on your computer. Download HWMonitor and make sure everything is alright check voltage usage and other...

Raz_5_

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017

Update your drivers if occurred after a driver update go back to your previous drivers, make sure your computer is clean of unnecessary files and has enough space in its storage, scan for malware or any other harmful things on your computer. Download HWMonitor and make sure everything is alright check voltage usage and other important things such as motherboard temps as well. Do a health check on your GPU, it could be faulty, signs will appear of GPU issues on HWMonitor. Make sure nobody is using your computer without permission so they arnt doing anything stupid on it. Such as trying to overclock without knowing what anything is, it could lead to permanent damages or even an early death of the system.

Solution

Packers55

Prominent
Jan 23, 2021
Update your drivers if occurred after a driver update go back to your previous drivers, make sure your computer is clean of unnecessary files and has enough space in its storage, scan for malware or any other harmful things on your computer. Download HWMonitor and make sure everything is alright check voltage usage and other important things such as motherboard temps as well. Do a health check on your GPU, it could be faulty, signs will appear of GPU issues on HWMonitor. Make sure nobody is using your computer without permission so they arnt doing anything stupid on it. Such as trying to overclock without knowing what anything is, it could lead to permanent damages or even an early death of the system.
Hi it won't let me change the driver, there is no malware, on my nividia GeForce GTX 1060, the gpu has a voltage of .750 V, my Temps seem fine all around 40 to low 60s tops. I'm a little clueless in this im pretty new to gaming computer and how to diognose problems or recognizing them if there's anything wrong with this please let me know

Raz_5_

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Hi it won't let me change the driver, there is no malware, on my nividia GeForce GTX 1060, the gpu has a voltage of .750 V, my Temps seem fine all around 40 to low 60s tops. I'm a little clueless in this im pretty new to gaming computer and how to diognose problems or recognizing them if there's anything wrong with this please let me know

Well if you're new to gaming on a PC, I doubt you tried overclocking so I rule that out. However what bothers me is how cool your system is while playing Warzone, I know this sounds stupid but double check your graphic settings in game and tell me if they are set from either low to ultra and NO I'm not going to say "try running the game on lower graphics" .

Packers55

Prominent
Jan 23, 2021
Well if you're new to gaming on a PC, I doubt you tried overclocking so I rule that out. However what bothers me is how cool your system is while playing Warzone, I know this sounds stupid but double check your graphic settings in game and tell me if they are set from either low to ultra and NO I'm not going to say "try running the game on lower graphics" .
https://thegameroof.com/call-of-duty-warzone-best-graphics-settings-for-high-fps/ this has my exact settings on it right now and it runs ab 20 instead of my usual 60 atm

Raz_5_

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
When I put it to high it automatically says my vram usage is high, but my fps doesn't change too much when I do it stays between 10-20 fps
Gotcha; I was hoping something weird may have been holding back the GPU and it needed to get a kick in the butt. It seems that something may be faulty but I wouldnt give up just yet.

Packers55

Prominent
Jan 23, 2021
Gotcha; I was hoping something weird may have been holding back the GPU and it needed to get a kick in the butt. It seems that something may be faulty but I wouldnt give up just yet.
I figured it out somehow my main gpu got disabled and my other non gaming one was on idk how it happened but I fixed it

Reactions: Raz_5_

Raz_5_

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
I figured it out somehow my main gpu got disabled and my other non gaming one was on idk how it happened but I fixed it

This can happen with Windows updates, sometimes your system will revert to its integrated graphics instead of your main GPU. I'm really glad you were able to find what it was, completely forgot that was a possibility.