Question Why my laptop keeps freezing after installing clean OS?

Apr 9, 2020
My laptop is dell inspiron 15R 5537
8 GB RAM
i5-4200U

Im wondering if I can save my laptop, I tried booting on EUFI, Legacy, and with EUFI boot mode & legacy OPROM, and all end with the same result. It freezes after 5-10mins after boot up in any boot option and I needed to force shutdown everytime. It results to corrupted OS that I needed to install new OS in order to test which boot mode suits. Im sure that my (usb-bootable) is working because Im using this for like 3 times when I needed to reformat clean but yesterday when Im trying to reinstall this happened. I dont any have idea how to fix this. Tried changing hard disk, ram, unplugged all devices but still it freezes after booting up.

Im thinking of broken bios is there anything I can do to reinstall or fix my bios? or maybe im wrong i dont know.

Thank you for reading and hoping someone can help me.

Last edited:
reset BIOS options to defaults.

Im sure that my (usb-bootable) is working because Im using this for like 3 times when I needed to reformat clean but yesterday when Im trying to reinstall this happened.
"usb-bootable" what? disk management software, Windows portable OS, Windows install package?
format the drive and whatever it is, reinstall on the drive after formatting. data can easily become corrupted, especially on flash drives or other portable devices.

Reactions: hehe123ty
Apr 9, 2020

"usb-bootable" what? disk management software, Windows portable OS, Windows install package?
format the drive and whatever it is, reinstall on the drive after formatting. data can easily become corrupted, especially on flash drives or other portable devices.

Its windows install package. Thank you for your suggestion. I will try this right now.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
Apr 9, 2020

Sir I have a question, I forgot what I used before.

For the file system what shall I use? Im using a flash drive 8GB

Fat32 or NTFS?

THANK YOU SIR

Apr 9, 2020
i believe the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool will format the drive on it's own creating the bootable media.
but most bootable USB drives are Fat32.

Sir my pc crashed and OS got corrupted, same thing happening... When I install the OS even I formatted usb drive and defaulting the BIOS. Fresh clean install back to freezing again after booting. I dont know whats the problem why this happening.

Hoping for some help Im so frustrated

Thank you

have you been using the same Windows installer creation package or downloading them fresh each time?

if using the same creation kit;
i would guess it has bad files that keep resulting in the same issue with each new install.

if downloading the latest creation kit directly from Microsoft each time;
it could possibly be bad hardware like motherboard or CPU.

If you dont have latest 1.2.7 then create bootable dos usb : https://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-create-a-bootable-dos-usb-drive/

Go dell site and search drivers with your model number, go to Bios, download latest bios 1.2.7 file.

Updating the BIOS from DOS (Non-Windows users)

Note 1: Before updating the BIOS, ensure that you suspend BitLocker encryption on a BitLocker-enabled system. If BitLocker is not enabled on your system, you can ignore this step.
Note 2: Do not turn off power or interrupt the BIOS update process during the update.

Installation
Note: You must provide a bootable USB drive. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
  1. Copy the downloaded file to a bootable USB drive.
  2. Power on the system and then Press the F12 key.
  3. Select USB Storage Device and boot to the DOS prompt.
  4. Run the file by typing following command. For example:
C:\ Inspiron_5567_5767_XYZ.exe
Where C is the drive letter of the USB device where the executable file is located and Inspiron_5567_5767_XYZ.exe is the name of the downloaded file.
The system restarts automatically and updates the BIOS at the system startup screen. After the BIOS update is complete, system restarts again.

OR

Updating the BIOS from DOS with UEFI boot mode enabled (Non-Windows users, Load Legacy Option Disabled)

Note 1: Before updating the BIOS, ensure that you suspend BitLocker encryption on a BitLocker-enabled system. If BitLocker is not enabled on your system, you can ignore this step.
Note 2: Do not turn off the power or interrupt the BIOS update process during the update.

Installation
  1. Copy the downloaded file to a bootable DOS USB drive.
  2. Power on the system and then go to BIOS Setup by pressing the F2 key.
  3. Go to General > Boot Sequence > Boot > Boot List Option.
  4. Change UEFI to Legacy of Boot List Option.
  5. Go to Exit > Save Changes and reboot system.
  6. Press F12 and then select USB Storage Device and boot to the DOS prompt.
  7. Run the file by typing the file name.
The system restarts automatically and updates the BIOS at the system startup screen. After the BIOS update is complete, the system restarts again.
  1. Go to BIOS Setup by pressing the F2 key and go to General > Boot Sequence > Boot > Boot List Option.
  2. Change Legacy to UEFI Boot Option.
  3. Go to Exit > Save Changes and reboot the system.

Apr 9, 2020
If you dont have latest 1.2.7 then create bootable dos usb : https://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-create-a-bootable-dos-usb-drive/

Go dell site and search drivers with your model number, go to Bios, download latest bios 1.2.7 file.

Updating the BIOS from DOS (Non-Windows users)

Note 2: Do not turn off power or interrupt the BIOS update process during the update.

Installation
Note: You must provide a bootable USB drive. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
  1. Copy the downloaded file to a bootable USB drive.
  2. Power on the system and then Press the F12 key.
  3. Select USB Storage Device and boot to the DOS prompt.
  4. Run the file by typing following command. For example:
C:\ Inspiron_5567_5767_XYZ.exe
Where C is the drive letter of the USB device where the executable file is located and Inspiron_5567_5767_XYZ.exe is the name of the downloaded file.
The system restarts automatically and updates the BIOS at the system startup screen. After the BIOS update is complete, system restarts again.

OR

Updating the BIOS from DOS with UEFI boot mode enabled (Non-Windows users, Load Legacy Option Disabled)

Note 2: Do not turn off the power or interrupt the BIOS update process during the update.

Installation
  1. Copy the downloaded file to a bootable DOS USB drive.
  2. Power on the system and then go to BIOS Setup by pressing the F2 key.
  3. Go to General > Boot Sequence > Boot > Boot List Option.
  4. Change UEFI to Legacy of Boot List Option.
  5. Go to Exit > Save Changes and reboot system.
  6. Press F12 and then select USB Storage Device and boot to the DOS prompt.
  7. Run the file by typing the file name.
The system restarts automatically and updates the BIOS at the system startup screen. After the BIOS update is complete, the system restarts again.
  1. Go to BIOS Setup by pressing the F2 key and go to General > Boot Sequence > Boot > Boot List Option.
  2. Change Legacy to UEFI Boot Option.
  3. Go to Exit > Save Changes and reboot the system.

Im gonna try this right now