Question Why my Paul's Black Friday Build keep crashing while playing (only good) games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2020
If the GPU made it through furmarks torture test without signs of trouble I'd be surprised if the gpu is the problem. Possibly the motherboard/chipset as those issues can be hard to single out and the cpu, ram and gpu seem to be checking out as ok.
Then I guess I'm going to send back the motherboard and wait them to send a new one.. Then I hope my troubles are gone :coldsweat:

Same. I wish I could say otherwise, but I'm at the point where I'm saying "I dunno . . witchcraft? Sunspots? Angry Volcano God?"
I don't know maybe I did something wrong that I'm not able to see, neither the technician who took care of the PC..

Guess I will have to change motherboard and pray the new one is working and covid19-free :eek:🧀

Thanks again guys for you replies! Really appreciate your answers :ouimaitre::ouimaitre::ouimaitre:

Mar 11, 2020
If the GPU made it through furmarks torture test without signs of trouble I'd be surprised if the gpu is the problem. Possibly the motherboard/chipset as those issues can be hard to single out and the cpu, ram and gpu seem to be checking out as ok.
Same. I wish I could say otherwise, but I'm at the point where I'm saying "I dunno . . witchcraft? Sunspots? Angry Volcano God?"

Fml, so for the first time I have witnessed a black screen WITHOUT reboot and without using the GPU in a "AAA" game. I was just chilling with Motorsport Manager, and then black screen, couldn't go back to desktop, anything, just..you know just black screen and I could hear pc ON, keyboard lights ON.. just screen off (it was working but showing a black screen). I tried alt f4, ctrl alt del and all these comandos to see if pc was working but none of these made screen work back again so i had to reboot. No message after reboot..

I changed the power strip just in case and I've been only able to enjoy 30 seconds of gaming experience :D

I guess I will have to send back my MBD and pray new one makes a change ^^'