Question Why my SSD is very Slow?

Oct 4, 2020
I have the following configuration: motherboard ECS H87H3-M (V1.0) (BIOS in latest version).
Intel Core i5 -4570 16 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 750
Disk # 1 - Crucial SSD CT480 BX500SSD1 (480 GB) C: (Last firmware version)
Disk No. 2 - WDC WD10EZEX-00WN4A0 Blue (1 TB) D:
Disc nº3 - TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 (3 TB) E:
Disc # 4 - SAMSUNG HD103SJ (1 TB) F:
750w Thermaltake power supply (12v and 5v standards in normal).

All formatted with GPT.
UEFI active.
Machine 100% clean. Low Temperatures. Hard drives working below 33 Celsius. Processor below 60 Celsius. At 100% load it reaches a maximum of 72 Celsius.
Since I bought the Crucial SSD I have had a very strange problem. Slow SSD. Performance below a 5400 rpm hard drive.
I cloned the HDD to SSD. I did alignment did not solve. VERY LOWER. Minimum recording times below 10 MB even when copying a few small files.
I formatted the SSD. After formatting the SSD performance appeared. (550/450) However, after a few weeks, performance dropped again. I don't know the cause.
Only when the SSD format and BIOS reset does the speed return to normal. Yes! Resetting the BIOS is an important part of the process. Unfortunately it has to be accompanied by formatting. After a year and six formatting I have no idea what to do. On another machine there is no problem.
I don't know if it's related to Windows update, I'm not sure.
To understand the situation, this time it caused the problem it was accidentally booted with a pendrive with Windows 10 connected to a machine. I didn't change anything. I turned off the machine and removed the USB stick. Soon after the restart the problem had returned. Although the CrystalDiskMark values show good reading values, this is not the case in practice. They are lags of a few seconds.

Without problem (1GiB / Seq 32T1) 550 read / 450 write.
With problem (1GiB / Seq 32T1) 480 read / 64 write.

Sometimes Windows Explorer takes a few minutes to view the files. I only solve with format + reset until something unlikely causes the error again.
I need help I don't know what else to do.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

750W is the wattage while Thermaltake is the brand, what is the model for the PSU and it's age? Might want to show us a screenshot of Disk Manager and how much space is being used on both SSD's.