Question Why not automatically...

SPECOPS70

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Hello all.

When i turn on my corsair wireless headset I have to manually switch it in the taskbar for it to take over sound. something when I finish playing and turn it off again I have to manually switch the sound back to realtek. Why? how can I make it to switch automatically? thx

You are giving Microsoft way more credit than they deserve by thinking that they actually care or even think about users who have more than 1 sound output or input device. They are always behind the times adding features such as automatic switching. And this assumes that Corsair would provide software that lets Windows know when the usb dongle is receiving a wakeup or shutdown signal from the headset.

Thats funny, at work i have a sound blaster Z sound card and a Asus bluetooth dongle. when i turn on my Shure bluetooth headphones it switches over to them automatically, and when i turn them off it switches back to my speakers.

Maybe its because i have 3rd party soundcard and bluetooth dongle that it does it.

Reactions: dwd999
all though come to think about it, we do have a dell computer at work that i added the same Asus BT dongle to and when you turn on the anker BT headset it switches from the onboard sound with speakers to the headset.

But once again it could be the dongle saying hey i have a headset attached give me control.

This is the dongle i use Amazon For $16 its worth a try for it to auto switch your headset.

Reactions: dwd999
all though come to think about it, we do have a dell computer at work that i added the same Asus BT dongle to and when you turn on the anker BT headset it switches from the onboard sound with speakers to the headset.

But once again it could be the dongle saying hey i have a headset attached give me control.

This is the dongle i use Amazon For $16 its worth a try for it to auto switch your headset.
Probably. I looked this up on the Asus website and it does come with its own driver file so its not relying on Windows and could be doing something that Windows doesn't normally do.