Question Why Tenda Router need firmware upgrade for working?

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,
I have a tenda router Model: n301 it was working fine but suddenly it doesn't work. I contact with my ISP they advise me to upgrade firmware. I also tried it by using another ISP it is working fine. Also when I upgraded firmware it also working with both ISP. My question is why tenda router need firmware upgrade for such kinds ISP. Is it router fault or ISP fault?

It's rare, but your ISP might have changed their log on/handshake methods. You might have to authenticate with an account and password, or switch the connection method like PPPoe. These protocols have been long established. But some are going out of favor for security reasons.

Upgrading the firmware shouldn't cause you any undue issues.

It is also possible your modem has reached EOL and is no longer supported. That happens every once in a while too. But ISPs usually query your modem for model and supported standard. If it's no longer supported, they will generally let you know by email/mail that it's EOL and you need to replace it. Again, that's rare. But it has happened two me twice. DOCSIS 1->2, and 2->3