Why won't it work ??!!

Tom12123

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Okay so today I got a new motherboard which is a ASRock N68C-S and I installed to what I think is the correct way it turns on with a loud noise which is a fan my monitor just doesn't detect it it detects a dvi and then goes to sleep but I have a VGA cable between both please help I've been really stressed all day lol

thegoos3

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
A few things--it is alarming that you say "I installed to what I 'think' is the correct way". What are the other components of your build? Do you have the internal/case speaker hooked up, and if so does it make any beeping sounds (one or several) shortly after booting up?

The explanation is a little vague so more information would help us help you.

Tom12123

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

My motherboard is not working it doesnt seem to be putting a picture on my screen it's all in the correct places as far as the wiring goes.

Tom12123

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

No beeping at all mate

thegoos3

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
How many sticks of RAM are you using? I would try to boot the system up using the fewest possible components. If you have 2+ sticks of ram, try booting the system with only one installed. If you have a graphics card, remove it and use the on-board graphics. If you get it to boot then you know at least one of your components is causing a problem. If it still won't boot, try putting the single stick of RAM in another slot, and if that still doesn't work you'll have to start troubleshooting each of your components one by one, which can be a hassle.

Good luck

Tom12123

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

1 stick and I'll try ty

thegoos3

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Cool, just be patient and take your time. You'll get the rig up and running in no time, the initial surgery is usually the most difficult ;]