Status
Not open for further replies.

tinnitus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
a smartphone (ie. motorola) sounds better than any PC souncard? I've been testing various cards from C-Media's 8738 to an Xonar Essence ST and other brands, PC soundcards sound like software playback, only if you play from solid source like usb drive or ssd sounds more like hardware playback. but, still a smartphone sounds better than a PC souncard, even macbooks with dunnowhatchipset audio sounds better than pc. Why?

tinnitus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Hi :D

it's not about speakers, I listen from a friend's cheap 2.0 speaker better sound from the smartphone than the xonar dg (I recommended him to buy one for his pc).
pc sounds bad, and I can't believe there is no way to get a better sound from pc. for example, if you listen a Pioneer CDJs+DJM-800 or any better dj mixer and if you compare it to an Xonar Essence, Essence sounds like crap. I just want to get hardware-istic sound from PC but seems like it's impossible.

unless your listening to the same file on both devices on the exact same speakers you will get skewed results...

my nephew has a smart phone and yeah it does sound pretty good but it does lack range and less channels, there also designed to give good sound from small speakers where a typical pc sound card isnt. a sound card in a pc is designed specifically with bigger speakers or even an attachment to a hifi system in mind.

you may have damaged hardware. it all has to pass through the motherboard at 1 point or another so i would guess if your using multiple cards the problem isnt with them but the motherboard your plugging them into... maybe its giving off interference or has poor power distribution...

i do know my system sounds better than his iphone on all 3 different kinds of audio i regularly use from the 4 i have available...
i have the xfi xtreme gamer sound card. logitech g930. realtech audio on the motherboard. the 1 i dont use are ati hd audio from the gfx.
they all have different ranges of audio ability so all give slightly different results but none of em are so poor that they are beaten by an iphone on a pair of 2 watt speakers...
then again audio quality is a subjective thing. you may hear things i dont as every ear is different...
if your used to listening to particularly bass heavy systems then when its not there it doesnt sound rite. but if you listen to it for a few days it becomes the norm and when you go back to the original bassy system you will think its to bassy... like i say its subjective...

tinnitus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
hmm, it's no so subjective, if you play files from a usb drive it sounds way different than from a common hard drive, also if you burn a mp3 to an audio CD-R sounds different to hard disk. pc sounds like inside-a-bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS