[SOLVED] Wi-Fi connection randomly gets disconnected while ethernet connection is fine

Sep 27, 2019
So I have an iBall Baton WRB300N Wi-Fi router which everybody in the house uses and also is connected to my PC via ethernet.
Randomly throughout the day, all the devices connected to the router via Wi-Fi will just disconnect but the connection on my PC stays intact. I have to restart the router to be able to connect to the router via Wi-Fi.
Any reasons why this might be happening?

RealBeast

Titan
So I have an iBall Baton WRB300N Wi-Fi router which everybody in the house uses and also is connected to my PC via ethernet.
Randomly throughout the day, all the devices connected to the router via Wi-Fi will just disconnect but the connection on my PC stays intact. I have to restart the router to be able to connect to the router via Wi-Fi.
There could be several answers.
The radio may be dying, it might be time to upgrade to a 5GHz AC router.
Less likely for those symptoms, but you could also be experiencing interference if you live in a densely populated area (apartment, dorm, or houses close together) as there are only three non-overlapping wireless 2.4GHz bands and everyone uses them, plus many other devices use that frequency range, including wireless speakers, KB, mouse, baby monitors, microwave ovens, etc.

RealBeast

Titan
There could be several answers.
The radio may be dying, it might be time to upgrade to a 5GHz AC router.
Less likely for those symptoms, but you could also be experiencing interference if you live in a densely populated area (apartment, dorm, or houses close together) as there are only three non-overlapping wireless 2.4GHz bands and everyone uses them, plus many other devices use that frequency range, including wireless speakers, KB, mouse, baby monitors, microwave ovens, etc.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS