[SOLVED] Wi-Fi connection randomly gets disconnected while ethernet connection is fine

shadythgodaman

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
So I have an iBall Baton WRB300N Wi-Fi router which everybody in the house uses and also is connected to my PC via ethernet.
Randomly throughout the day, all the devices connected to the router via Wi-Fi will just disconnect but the connection on my PC stays intact. I have to restart the router to be able to connect to the router via Wi-Fi.
Any reasons why this might be happening?

Solution
So I have an iBall Baton WRB300N Wi-Fi router which everybody in the house uses and also is connected to my PC via ethernet.
Randomly throughout the day, all the devices connected to the router via Wi-Fi will just disconnect but the connection on my PC stays intact. I have to restart the router to be able to connect to the router via Wi-Fi.
There could be several answers.
The radio may be dying, it might be time to upgrade to a 5GHz AC router.
Less likely for those symptoms, but you could also be experiencing interference if you live in a densely populated area (apartment, dorm, or houses close together) as there are only three non-overlapping wireless 2.4GHz bands and everyone uses...

RealBeast

Titan
There could be several answers.
The radio may be dying, it might be time to upgrade to a 5GHz AC router.
Less likely for those symptoms, but you could also be experiencing interference if you live in a densely populated area (apartment, dorm, or houses close together) as there are only three non-overlapping wireless 2.4GHz bands and everyone uses them, plus many other devices use that frequency range, including wireless speakers, KB, mouse, baby monitors, microwave ovens, etc.

Solution