Question Wi-Fi stops working on computer for a split second intermittently

natefferry

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
My wi-fi works completely fine on my computer, however it occasionally has a hiccup and these 'hiccups' are ruining my experience playing online games and streaming videos (I will get booted from the game, have to wait a good bit to reconnect / i will have to refresh the page I am streaming video on for it to be live again).
Here is me pining my default gateway. As you can see it's steady apart for an occasional ping above 100ms, but when the "Request timed out." shows up my previously mentioned problems will happen, I will ping "Request timed out." anywhere between 1-4 times before the standard ping resumes.
3AND69M.png

From what I can tell this is a problem exclusive to the computer I'm using, and other devices aren't experience it.

natefferry

Prominent
Nov 11, 2018
Here's me pinging my gateway through PingPlotter. The big red line is the hiccup, which I'm assuming is up to 100% packet loss?
dxfrfI6.png

I had never had this problem before on the same device. I have turned off all power saving options for my network adapters, and have update my drivers (of course). I would appreciate any tips / advice / direction to go in to solve this.