WIFI adapter disconnects and disappears in Windows 10 Network Connections ?

ScottForum

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
Note: In not knowing how to move a thread, feeling this is a hardware issue, I created a new thread here:

My network/Internet connection goes dark a couple times per day. The adapter actually disappears from Network Connections. Upon a reboot, adapter is re-enabled and all good. During the time its down, I still have BT connection which comes from the same card. Any thoughts?

My first guess is a problem with the network-portion of the hardware card. If this was a mobo issue, ie. pcie slot, wouldn't I lose both WIFI and BT connections?

Edit: Replacement adapter... same occurrence. Leading me to believe this is mobo/hardware issue. Would it beneficial to run an image fix process? How else could I rule out OS/software issue?
  • WLAN Report simply indicates a network disconnect and that there's no adapter
  • Re-installed latest adapter driver and tried older version
  • TCP/IP reset, winsock reset, dns flushed, network released/renewed
  • I've ran the memory diagnostics
  • All hardware drivers recently updated
PC:
  • Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
  • CPU: Intel i7-8700
  • RAM: 64GB
  • OS Storage: NVMe, Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB
  • WIFI Adapter: TP-Link TX3000E pcie, Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
  • GC: AMD/Radeon RX550

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Ensure that any wired network adapters are disabled.

Try using extension cables as applicable to move antennas, adapters up and away from the "back" of the host computer.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond with the loss of wireless connectivity.

Disable all power savers/sleep settings to determine if the disconnects stop.

Disable IPv6.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need help from that person.

ScottForum

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
Ensure that any wired network adapters are disabled.
Yep
Try using extension cables as applicable to move antennas, adapters up and away from the "back" of the host computer.
The adapter referencing herein has such an antenna. I get a solid 584 connection to the router when working properly. I should note, I replaced the original adapter as I was having the same Internet connection issues.
Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond with the loss of wireless connectivity.
Reliability report simply indicates "A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly." The only thing I found was disconnection notice in the wlan report.
Disable all power savers/sleep settings to determine if the disconnects stop.
Yep
Disable IPv6.
Yep
Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router?
Nighthawk AC3200 WiFi Router (R8000
Nothing in logs indicating a disconnection> That said, a poor disconnection with the router would not disable hardware on my computer.

Note: In not knowing how to move a thread, feeling this is a hardware issue, I created a new thread here: