[SOLVED] WiFi Bridge / Repeater loosing connection.

Witterings

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2016
I'm using a Netgear Nighthawk router as a WiFi repeater / bridge (set in bridge mode) and my laptop keeps loosing the connection .... it seems worse whenever I try and transfer data like a downloaded film across the network to an Android box, it knocks out the connection and I have to re-boot the laptop.

I thought it may of been the network card on the laptop but when it happens any connected phones phones lose their connection as well and another laptop did today.

My setup is main router to switch to 2nd switch to the netear router .... I used to have it set up with a cable from the 1st switch to a powerline connection and then teh 2nd router plugged into another powerline and it was doing the same which is what made me hard wire the 2nd router.

If anybody has any ideas what it may be, I'm wondering if maybe it's just not a good router ..... if I thought it'd resolve the problem I'd buy another bridge, if anyone has any recommendations in case I do change it would be appreciated and I don't need the full funtionality of a router.

Any help appreciated.

Solution
I'm using a Netgear Nighthawk router as a WiFi repeater / bridge (set in bridge mode) and my laptop keeps loosing the connection .... it seems worse whenever I try and transfer data like a downloaded film across the network to an Android box, it knocks out the connection and I have to re-boot the laptop.

I thought it may of been the network card on the laptop but when it happens any connected phones phones lose their connection as well and another laptop did today.

My setup is main router to switch to 2nd switch to the netear router .... I used to have it set up with a cable from the 1st switch to a powerline connection and then teh 2nd router plugged into another powerline and it was doing the same which is what made me hard...

kanewolf

Titan

My setup is main router to switch to 2nd switch to the netear router .... I used to have it set up with a cable from the 1st switch to a powerline connection and then teh 2nd router plugged into another powerline and it was doing the same which is what made me hard wire the 2nd router.

If anybody has any ideas what it may be, I'm wondering if maybe it's just not a good router ..... if I thought it'd resolve the problem I'd buy another bridge, if anyone has any recommendations in case I do change it would be appreciated and I don't need the full funtionality of a router.

Any help appreciated.
Your description "main router to switch to 2nd switch to the netear router" should have the netgear router setup as an access point not a bridge.

Solution