Question WiFi compatibility?

TobyCatVa

Prominent
May 16, 2023
Are WiFi7 WiFi6E WiFi6 Motherboards able to connect to WiFi5? I don't get to decide what flavor WiFi is used around here (old folk's home) so I can't know when things will change if ever from the current WiFi5. When looking for a path to upgrade from my ancient AM3+ system I don't know which standards are okay for me only that a bigger number is faster and more expensive.

kanewolf

Titan
Are WiFi7 WiFi6E WiFi6 Motherboards able to connect to WiFi5? I don't get to decide what flavor WiFi is used around here (old folk's home) so I can't know when things will change if ever from the current WiFi5. When looking for a path to upgrade from my ancient AM3+ system I don't know which standards are okay for me only that a bigger number is faster and more expensive.
Yes. They are. WIFI5 is 5Ghz with basic options.

Reactions: TobyCatVa

TobyCatVa

Prominent
May 16, 2023
Thank you! there are other places where it is said to be backwards compatible, and a few articles that said no it is not, (probably AI garbage) so I went to THE experts I have trusted since 1997ish.

TobyCatVa

Prominent
May 16, 2023
Nothing against logainofhades LoL his replys were also helpful. I honestly just saw that there was more than one person I was talking to. Titan is a title not a name. Wheeee my meds are working overtime today. Bye now.