wifi has disappeared

ch89

Honorable
May 9, 2013
I seem to have lost the ability to connect to wifi. My Toshiba laptop allpws me to connect to the internet via cable but there are no wireless options and I can't seem to resinstall wireless. The wireless llight is off and I can't seem to find a button to turn the wireless on. I've also noticed a ''realtek PCIe FE family controller' has come up on the icons as disconnected. I have never noticed this before. Is there any tips about restoring wifi??? I've tried a system reset to a few days ago but that did not do anything. Thank you

kenrivers

Illustrious
What is the model of your Toshiba laptop? With a model number I may be able to help you find where you turn it on or off. I have an old Toshiba laptop and the WiFi button is beside the WiFi light. On some laptops it may be a combination of a Fn key and one of the function keys. For example, mine would be Fn + F8.

ch89

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Hi. It's a Toshiba satellite L450D-13Z. Have tried fn and f8 before and after I restored it to to a few days ago but nothing happened.
Thanks

kenrivers

Illustrious
Did you restore to a previous date or do a complete system restore (factory reset)?
If the drive is missing you might try here: http://www.toshiba.co.uk/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=UK
If it is disabled then try the following:
!) Start
2) Control Panel
3) System
4) Device Manager
5) Network adapters
6) Right click on the wireless adapter
7) Choose enable

Not sure that will help but it might be worth a shot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JimF_35 Windows 7 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS