Question Wifi has to disconnect reconnect constantly for it to work

tydlol

Commendable
Apr 30, 2020
Hello, been having an issue where I have to disconnect then reconnect in order to get internet access, everytime I reconnect my internet will last anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes before having to disconnect and reconnect again. Most of the time it will say "Connected, secured" even though there is no internet, when I dc and reconnect it works. Though sometimes it will also simply lose connection on its own. No idea whats causing it. What is frustrating is that the internet speeds are very nice when it works, it does not make sense that I have to constantly reconnect seems like if the connections there and it works at highspeeds it shouldnt be doing that. Any help or advice would be good.
I've tried reinstalling/updating drivers for my network adapter, didnt help.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Are you using a wireless USB adapter or an onboard wireless USB adapter?

Are you sure that only the wireless network adapter is enabled and that any existing wired network adapters are disabled?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

Apr 30, 2020
Random wireless drops, and no other systems in the house having the same issue are usually caused by one of a few things:

1. Problem with wireless card on laptop or driver.
  2. Anti virus or firewall problems / conflicts.
  3. Issues with wireless router or modem.
  4. Firmware on the router or modem, or possibly the wireless card on the PC.
  5. A Virus or spyware.

We need more info to help more.