Question Wifi issues on Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX V2

rchamlen

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2014
There are really two questions here, initiated by *lack* of internet connection with WiFi on the board (this is a new build .... 1 day or so into it).

First question - more immediate than the Wifi (but possibly related): I used the Gigabyte control center to download/install its recommended drivers, but I did *not* to to the gigabyte download site. It looks like that site has more and more specific drivers than the Gigabyte Control Center recommended.

Was that a mistake .... and before I try to do more debugging on the WiFi issue, should I instead download and install all pertinent drivers listed in Gigabytes download site and likely pick up items that the app on my computer might have missed? (this is my first exposure to the Gigabyte control center local app)

Lutfij

Titan
I used the Gigabyte control center to download/install its recommended drivers,
You manually download the latest drivers for your platform. Once downloaded, you install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Uninstall your wireless adapter's drivers and reinstall them as stated above, sans the app you've mentioned.

rchamlen

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2014
I used the Gigabyte control center to download/install its recommended drivers,
You manually download the latest drivers for your platform. Once downloaded, you install the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Uninstall your wireless adapter's drivers and reinstall them as stated above, sans the app you've mentioned.
I have purposefully not addressed the wifi issue yet ..... my question for now is for people who have used the "gigabyte control center" .... is it capable of capturing the needed drivers for the installed hardware ..... or .... should I not trust it, and just take the "traditional" route of manually downloading drivers for my MOBO. (background .... this is something like my 8th build, and I have been working with and administering computers since 1972 .... so my only current question is around the inherent capability of the "gigabyte control center"

Apr 23, 2024
I'll save you the headache, for some reason in the gigabyte bios the setting called network stacking is disabled which causes your motherboard's wifi to not work. This is a common problem with the b650 ax v2. If that didn't solve your issues, reinstall the motherboards wifi adapter in device manager and manually reinstall the specific b650 ax v2 drivers. Here's a link to the original reddit post i saw that shows step by step how to fix this issue.

35below0

Prominent
Jan 3, 2024
so..... nobody with experience using "gigabyte control center"? Otherwise I will just go ahead and download all drivers from gigabytes download site.....
You did the right thing. Let Gigabyte Control Center find and install drivers, with the exception of BIOS updates. Because those are risky, you should only update BIOS if you are experiencing problems (or if your BIOS is badly out of date, which can happen in new builds. Motherboards sit in boxes a long time before they're installed in a PC).

GCC likes to suggest installing Norton security, but you should uncheck that. Norton is not part of drivers.

Other than the Norton thing, GCC is accurate and finds correct drivers. Check it from time to time, or use auto updates if you like.

TRENDING THREADS