WiFi Network wont show up in list (Windows 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel_38

Commendable
May 6, 2016
I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my wi-fi network wont show up, but everyone elses does. All other computers here are connected to it. And i dont know stuff about computers, so just give me a simple solution, please. Im almost flipping out and almost breaking my computer so reply quickly and no hard solutions please.

Solution
You could try removing the SSID/network in question, and performing the steps to add it back.

You could also try this solution here, but this was meant to fix updates from 8.1 to 10 and with VPN (virtual private network) software.
Maybe the SSID (network name) is set to not broadcast. Try manually adding the network to your computer.
1. Right click the Wireless Connection icon
2. Click on "Open Network and Sharing Center"
3. Select "Setup a new connection or network"
4. In the box that pops up, select "Manually connect to a wireless network" and then click Next

From here, you'll need to know the Wifi network info (SSID, Security type, and password)

5. Enter the SSID
6. Use the drop down menu to choose the correct security/encryption type being used
7. Type in the password
8. **IMPORTANT** check the box next to "Start this connection automatically"
9. **IMPORTANT** check the box next to "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting"

Joel_38

Commendable
May 6, 2016

Well. I did do that, it said there is already a network that had that name. So i locked again, and it wasn't there. it sucks

You could try removing the SSID/network in question, and performing the steps to add it back.

You could also try this solution here, but this was meant to fix updates from 8.1 to 10 and with VPN (virtual private network) software.

Solution

prepatent

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
I have the same problem, and the solution does not work for me as well. I have a modern ASUS and the OS 10 and WiFi were working as good as needed, but without any reason (Other then some wise but nasty security or other Software vendor who I have not renewed -or because I do not use my Windows PC as much) my own WiFi service is not listed, even after I had removed it from the known list. As you can guess the reason I love my MacBook better, is that it does not have this or any problems - and yes, it is on the www now while my ASUS can not find my WiFi. And please note, my wife has also started her computer now, with Windows 7 and is on-line, and we have no limitations of how many computers are able to be on line at the same time.

It is real bad, that I can see all other WiFi networks near us but not my own, just because I have chosen to use Windows 10 on my new ASUS.

The question is, why such things do come our way so many years after such problems were not there to start with?!? Is MS not proud of its products? Does MS have reasons to damage our carefree use of our computers? Can some software vendor create such problem if we do not renew our protection, or do not continue to use the software? Too many questions, which should have no reason to be risen.

The funny thing is, that I can not tell/reply to MS when they ask for my feedback - as to the shortcoming of Windows Network Diagnostics tool which is not able to do much here - when there is not connection to the internet

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Please start a new thread instead of responding to an old one. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.