[SOLVED] WiFi Realtek USB LAN Utility problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2019
I'm trying to install a new USB WiFi adapter on my PC (Windows 7 64 bit). The adapter came with a mini-disk for installation of drivers and the Realtek USB LAN Utility. (Realtek 8811CU Wireless LAN 802.11ac) It successfully installed the drivers but not the LAN Utility.

The Utility shows up in Windows Explorer but not under the usual list of Programs. It also won't let me start the utility from Windows Explorer. My PC shows that the adapter is working properly and has the most recent drivers. However, without access to the Utility I can't configure the WiFi adapter to create a hot spot (so I can connect my Android phone).

I tried configuring the adapter using command prompts. That seemed to work until I tried to connect my phone. My phone recognizes the WiFi but can't connect. Any suggestions on how to get the Realtek USB LAN Utility to install would be greatly appreciated. Failing that, any suggestions on getting my adapter to work would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Are you certain that the wireless adapter is enabled in Device Manager?

And that only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) is enabled? Not both.

What is the filename for the LAN Utility?

Go to Realtek's website and look for the USB LAN utility.

Make and model PC?

For example, if Dell, then the following link may help:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=nnwkp

Note: I saw a few websites that appeared to have the utility. However, any such downloads should be a last resort.

Sep 14, 2019
Thanks for your prompt reply. I solved my problem. I downloaded Connectify Hotspot 2019. It did just what I needed and was very easy to use. My WiFi hotspot is now working and I don't need the Realtek USB Lan Utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.