[SOLVED] Wifi works only without antenna

Jyle

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
My motherboard is the MSI PERFORMANCE GAMING B450I GAMING PLUS AC. For some reason, the only way I can use the intel wifi is by not connecting the two antenna that attach at the rear IO. The moment I do attach them, I'm cut off. I'm either given the "default gateway not available" error or my computer says the connection is fine when it's not. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, as well as uninstalling the device in Device Manager. Neither have fixed the issue.

Please help.

Solution
Have that board, something else is going on - the antennas simply extend the lead, odds of both being defective are low. You can obvious try attaching one from an old router or AP. It just might be a faulty connection with the wifi module and the weight of the antennas is causing a disconnect/breaking a contact.
Have that board, something else is going on - the antennas simply extend the lead, odds of both being defective are low. You can obvious try attaching one from an old router or AP. It just might be a faulty connection with the wifi module and the weight of the antennas is causing a disconnect/breaking a contact.

Solution