Wikipad Gaming Tablet Delayed Until Further Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Over-priced, under-powered, and delayed. This is not a good start. I mean the first reason was enough to get me to stray away from it, but this is just a recipe for utter failure.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]tburns1[/nom]Here's an idea ...sell a controller that you can affix to your own tablet. Do they make those?[/citation]

Every tablet I'm aware of has USB capability, so joystick support is trivially easy to implement.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Don't worry guys, I can speak the native tongue of Gamestop execs, bullshittese. Let me translate for you:

"Nintendo announced the launch date of the Wii U and it's fairly close, so we're going to hold back our device a couple weeks to compete with it and drive up our sales. Hopefully customers will confuse the Wikipad for a Wii Pad. Why else would the difference be one letter?"

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Any consumer that believes the wikipad is a good idea for fellow consumers is a moron.

[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]I guess the one guy who preordered is going to be really depressed Seriously who thought this would succeed?[/citation]

Sadly there have been people here that vehemently defend this.

Why you'd want to lock yourself into an unproven hardware platform that's currently in high rates of advancement is beyond me. As soon as you get it, it's going to be 6 months behind the tech. curve. Tegra 3 is already old and mostly lackluster, and doesn't really have good graphical games to the extent where it justifies buying a tablet designed with gaming in mind for such an unimpressive price.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I still don't get why it was called the wikipad. If it was a tablet built around wikipedia (is that even feasible?) then the name would make sense.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
The fact that it's from gamestop alone made me question it's build and quality. I don't associate gamestop with good practices, quite the contrary with how little they pay for used games and than mark them up significantly to make money. Majority of their stock is used, and very little new from what I recall.

The price tag alone verifies that it is overpriced and specs still leave something to be desired for the price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.