[SOLVED] Will a 4 pin connector work for an r5 3600

May 19, 2020
I'm building a new PC and trying to reuse some parts from my previous system. The PSU still works, but it only has a 4 pin CPU connector. I need 65w for the CPU, will the 4pin work?

Solution
I'm building a new PC and trying to reuse some parts from my previous system. The PSU still works, but it only has a 4 pin CPU connector. I need 65w for the CPU, will the 4pin work?
it will work, for eg, some cheap motherboards for the 3600 has just the 4 pin cpu connector... so yeah it will work, but i wud advice u to get a good motherboard with good vrm... and also maybe a better PSU whichever u find budget friendly; the reason i tell u this, because with cheap mobos, heat will be a issue causing throttling...
it will work, for eg, some cheap motherboards for the 3600 has just the 4 pin cpu connector... so yeah it will work, but i wud advice u to get a good motherboard with good vrm... and also maybe a better PSU whichever u find budget friendly; the reason i tell u this, because with cheap mobos, heat will be a issue causing throttling...

Reactions: JoaquinMartinez
Solution