[SOLVED] Will a 500w PSU work for this build

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020
Ok so i have a GT 1030 right now but recently ive wanted to get into gaming again I've upgraded my CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) MOBO (MSI PRO VDH WIFI) FANS (no im not putting them) and the RAM (16 GB OF G.SKILL 2400MHZ RAM so next thing was the GTX 1070 BUT thats when i was getting worried about my Thermaltake smart 500W smart series PSU Can it handle all of this im getting the 1070 for free off someone for building there new pc its a ryzen 9 3900x pc so its pretty good but he wanted to get a RTX 3080 so i have to wait for that but still long story short can the pc above run a 500w PSU

Solution
Ok so i have a GT 1030 right now but recently ive wanted to get into gaming again I've upgraded my CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) MOBO (MSI PRO VDH WIFI) FANS (no im not putting them) and the RAM (16 GB OF G.SKILL 2400MHZ RAM so next thing was the GTX 1070 BUT thats when i was getting worried about my Thermaltake smart 500W smart series PSU Can it handle all of this im getting the 1070 for free off someone for building there new pc its a ryzen 9 3900x pc so its pretty good but he wanted to get a RTX 3080 so i have to wait for that but still long story short can the pc above run a 500w PSU
It should work, but i'd upgrade the PSU for peace of mind, i think you will run into problems later on

The PSU should be decent enough not to take...
It should work, but i'd upgrade the PSU for peace of mind, i think you will run into problems later on

The PSU should be decent enough not to take any components with it when it pops
But it is poor quality, and the 1070 will tax it quite a bit
If you start getting brownouts on your pc, it's for sure time to upgrade that PSU

TLDR

Yes, but not recommended for long time usage

Solution
The Smart series power supplies are junk. If you want a dependable gaming system get a good power supply. everything in the computer depends on it. Also, 2400mhz. is pretty low memory speed for Ryzen 3600 and will lower performance. You should be using 3200mhz. or 3600.

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020

The PSU should be decent enough not to take any components with it when it pops
But it is poor quality, and the 1070 will tax it quite a bit
If you start getting brownouts on your pc, it's for sure time to upgrade that PSU

TLDR

Yes, but not recommended for long time usage
Yeah I will upgrade it when I can any recommended ones

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020
The Smart series power supplies are junk. If you want a dependable gaming system get a good power supply. everything in the computer depends on it. Also, 2400mhz. is pretty low memory speed for Ryzen 3600 and will lower performance. You should be using 3200mhz. or 3600.
Yeah I know I also got the ram for free the thing is is my friend is upgraded his pc and he put 32 GB of ram in his PC OVER KILL ALL RUNNING AT DAMN 3600 MHZ its insane and he gave me his old trident Z ram