Will a Corsair VS450 Suffice my needs?

GlazeDonuts

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
I already have a Corsair VS 450 PSU and a Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050ti along with 2 HDDs. And am planning to buy the following components for my build

1. Intel i5 7400. 3Ghz

2. Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Motherboard

3. Hyper X Fury 2400Ghz (2x8gb)

4. Circle Gaming Cabinet CC 821 Prime without SMPS (with 5 LED FAN)

So will the PSU be able to run all the components and the 5 LED fans? And how am I supposed to connect the 5 Fans cos I can't seem to find 5 outlets on the PSU. Help pls.

Solution
Would it power the system, probably. The fan connect to the fan headers on your motherboard and possibly some directly to the PSU depending on the motherboard and fan connections.

Would I trust nice new parts to a low quality PSU like that? Not a chance. It's just not worth risking the expensive parts to save a few bucks on the PSU. The PSU is connected to everything and is the most important parts, you should never go cheap on the PSU.

For reference:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
Would it power the system, probably. The fan connect to the fan headers on your motherboard and possibly some directly to the PSU depending on the motherboard and fan connections.

Would I trust nice new parts to a low quality PSU like that? Not a chance. It's just not worth risking the expensive parts to save a few bucks on the PSU. The PSU is connected to everything and is the most important parts, you should never go cheap on the PSU.

For reference:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Solution

Corsair Nick

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017

The VS series PSU's are great workstation units. There are other other options we offer that are more inline with the type of build you are in the process of putting together. Do you have a budget for how much you want to spend on the PSU? Any specific features you are looking for? From there, its easier to make a recommendation for you.