[SOLVED] Will a DDR4 ram work alongside a ddr4 sdram?

Jul 9, 2021
I am using Dell inspirion i3 3593 laptop. It has 4 GB DDR4 2666 Mhz ram. In bios, it's written that, it has DDR4 SDRAM memory technology. I am thinking to add a TEAM ELITE 8GB DDR4 2666MHz ram. So in total it will be 12 GB ram.. Now, will a DDR4 ram work alongside a ddr4 sdram?

Last edited:
Solution
Now, will a DDR4 ram work alongside a ddr4 sdram?
That's the same thing.
ddr4 sdram = Double Data Rate (DDR), Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM).

Will your current DDR4 SDRAM module work with this Team Elite DDR4 SDRAM module - you'll have to try and see.
There might be compatibility issues (theoretically).
Unfortunately, until you tried it, you can't know.

Make sure you get laptop memory module (SODIMM) and not desktop and not server memory. Those will not be compatible with your laptop.
Now, will a DDR4 ram work alongside a ddr4 sdram?
That's the same thing.
ddr4 sdram = Double Data Rate (DDR), Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM).

Will your current DDR4 SDRAM module work with this Team Elite DDR4 SDRAM module - you'll have to try and see.

Make sure you get laptop memory module (SODIMM) and not desktop and not server memory. Those will not be compatible with your laptop.

Solution
Jul 9, 2021
That's the same thing.

so you are saying; i should buy a non ecc laptop ram, are not you? And a ddr4 sdram and a ddr4 ram with same bus speed are basically same right? sorry i am not good with hardware.. https://www.startech.com.bd/team-elite-8gb-laptop-ram.. i am thinking to buy this one.. will it work? team elite is a ddr4 ram too...

Last edited:
so you are saying; i should buy a non ecc laptop ram, are not you?
That's, what is used in laptops. Yes.
And a ddr4 sdram and a ddr4 ram with same bus speed are basically same right?
Not basically. It IS the same thing.
https://www.startech.com.bd/team-elite-8gb-laptop-ram.. i am thinking to buy this one.. will it work?
Should work. Yes.
If you want guarantied compatibility between ram modules, then get dual channel kit instead (kit with 2 ram modules) and replace your existing module.