Question Will a GIGABYTE RTX 2060 run in this rig

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 21, 2019
That's only true of older/cheaper group regulated units. Newer/better PSUs derive +3.3V and +5V from a DC to DC buck converter coming off the +12V, so "dummy loading" the non-primary rails is not necessary.

Oh wow the legend himself.

I heard things like they're unreliable, have a history of damaging components, failing, etc.

So even you say that the CX550 is safe and reliable? Man that makes me feel much better now. I estimate it to arrive in 7-14 days

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Jun 21, 2019
I use hwinfo64 on background logging all my hardware while I use 3dmarks firestrike

I guess everything is all set then. Just 2 other things are bothering me:
Why is the i5-9400f cheaper and better than the 7400 and 7500?
I have mismatched memory, they're the same frequency but the tRAS differ by 3. Is this a real problem? I plan on replacing them soon but not now.

Any component that is no longer in production costs more than the ones that are in production. See DDR2 or DDR3 Ram for example. They cost more now than what they used to have.

I would suggest to use a dual kit of RAM that was sold together to make sure perfect compatibility. Mix and match in RAMs is bad idea.

Jun 21, 2019
Any component that is no longer in production costs more than the ones that are in production. See DDR2 or DDR3 Ram for example. They cost more now than what they used to have.

I would suggest to use a dual kit of RAM that was sold together to make sure perfect compatibility. Mix and match in RAMs is bad idea.

I plan on getting a dual kit of some Kingston 8GB 2400 DDR4 but that's not really possible now. Is it going to damage something in the long run or something like that?

Jun 21, 2019
I heard that the gigabyte 2060 OC is prone to overheating and failure. Is that true?

on a side note. I have an offline ups like I explained, the kind that's not supposed to be plugged to a psu with active PFC. But I live in a city with a very polluted 220v power grid. Should I still use it or just leave it plugged to the wall?