Question Will a GTX 1660 Super work on a Dell case with one exhaust fan?

Jul 24, 2022
I'm trying to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 3880 with a better GPU, I already got the power supply sorted out but wasn't sure if the GTX 1660 Super would overheat with only one case fan. Thanks.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
GTX 1660 Super
What is the 1660 Super's cooler type?
A)Flower. Same heatsink design used on Intel and AMD stock coolers.
This is the worst one. Will definitely operate at throttle temperatures under load.

B)The heatsink's fins run the entire length of the gpu, front to back, so that means the exhaust leaves from those directions.
This one will actually do fine as long as there isn't a front intake fan blowing at the cooler's front exhaust.

C)The heatsink's fins are side to side.
This one is also ok, but in cases, it draws in some of its own exhaust.

Jul 24, 2022
What is the 1660 Super's cooler type?
A)Flower. Same heatsink design used on Intel and AMD stock coolers.
This is the worst one. Will definitely operate at throttle temperatures under load.

B)The heatsink's fins run the entire length of the gpu, front to back, so that means the exhaust leaves from those directions.
This one will actually do fine as long as there isn't a front intake fan blowing at the cooler's front exhaust.

C)The heatsink's fins are side to side.
This one is also ok, but in cases, it draws in some of its own exhaust.
I'm not too sure which type this is, I couldn't find it on the amazon page but here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce...onics&sprefix=gtx+1660,electronics,101&sr=1-3

I'm trying to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 3880 with a better GPU, I already got the power supply sorted out but wasn't sure if the GTX 1660 Super would overheat with only one case fan. Thanks.

From the pictures, there is no case fan at all, it's just a CPU fan with a shroud for exhaust. Without an actual case fan that thing will be toasty. It may have space to mount a front case fan, open it and look.

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
I think your issue won't be so much airflow but just finding a GPU that will fit in one of these inspiron machines. They aren't always the roomiest of machines. especially if it's one of the towers that has the drive cages that swing out.