Question Will a new monitor fit?

May 12, 2024
I'm looking at getting a new monitor in a few months and I'm wondering if it'll fit. Currently I have a 24" and a 27" and the new monitor I'm planning to get is 27". My desk is about 56" and my PC case is the NZXT H510 and it's not at the end of my desk it's like 2.5" between the end of the desk and my PC (I know my desk is kind of messy)

May 12, 2024
If you're asking if a 3rd monitor will fit on that mess you call a desk the answer is a resounding NO, it will not.
I am very much aware it's not the cleanest desk and I know wires are everywhere but I'm planning on getting rid of my 24" and replacing that with a 27"

Last edited:
May 12, 2024
Now I do have a desk right next to it that's exactly the same just smaller that has an 8yr old Xbox sitting on top of it and a TV but I don't ever use my Xbox anymore so I also have the idea of moving my PC to my other desk and just doing that

Tom'sMark

Prominent
Jan 5, 2023
I'm looking at getting a new monitor in a few months and I'm wondering if it'll fit. Currently I have a 24" and a 27" and the new monitor I'm planning to get is 27". My desk is about 56" and my PC case is the NZXT H510 and it's not at the end of my desk it's like 2.5" between the end of the desk and my PC (I know my desk is kind of messy)
Why don't you get a curved ultra wide? You know the long ones.

kanewolf

Titan
The manufacturers post dimensions. Get a piece of cardboard and cut it out to the dimensions listed for the monitor you are interested in. You can visualize how it fits.

May 12, 2024
The manufacturers post dimensions. Get a piece of cardboard and cut it out to the dimensions listed for the monitor you are interested in. You can visualize how it fits.
I would need to see if I have any lying around but that's a good idea. I took some measurements with a tape measure to get a rough idea.

kanewolf

Titan
I would need to see if I have any lying around but that's a good idea. I took some measurements with a tape measure to get a rough idea.
We did this for moving LARGE crates from a loading dock. We created full size cardboard cutouts (took several large boxes) and walked the entire route the crates had to traverse. We were able to identify the doors that had to be removed from hinges to provide clearance. No guessing. actual data.

May 12, 2024
We did this for moving LARGE crates from a loading dock. We created full size cardboard cutouts (took several large boxes) and walked the entire route the crates had to traverse. We were able to identify the doors that had to be removed from hinges to provide clearance. No guessing. actual data.
That's smart