Question Will a push pull configuration on the aio benefit me?

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
First of all, here are my specs
GPU:- INNO3D RTX 3080Ti X3 OC (further overclocked by msi afterburner)

CPU:- intel core i7 12700F

Motherboard:- ASUS prime B660 plus D4

RAM:- 4 x 16 GB Gskill Tridentz RGB 3600MHz

PSU:- NZXT C850

Chassis:- Deepcool CL500

AIO:- deepcool castle 360 RGB V2, front mounted with pipes up

Now, onto the situation

I'm worried that my radiator being front mounted, would restrict the airflow of my chassis (the CL500 has a grill in front so it can take in quite an amount of air were it not for the radiator), so I'm thinking of buying a set of three fans and putting it on the other side of the aio, for a push pull configuration, the outer fans are already the deepcool CF120, now I'm thinking of getting three more fans for making a push pull configuration (either arctic P12 or deepcool windblade 120),

Will this help with the airflow and temperatures? The air intake is only through these three fans, and this chassis only allows front mounted 360mm radiators.

For exhaust i have the usual, two fans at top and one at rear

Also as a side question, should i take the radiator out and install it upside down? I've read that front mounted with pipes down is next to best position for an aio (top mounted is what I've heard as being the best) and my highest point in the loop is somewhere in the pipes as of now.

Current temperatures aren't unbearable per se but it does run slightly hot (Indian summers are pretty warm and therefore my 3080Ti gives higher temps at that time even on idle), is there something I can do to the GPU too so that it stays cooler (except vertical mounting)?

Colif

Win 11 Master
3 more fans might help. would mean the rear ones would have to work slightly less

Also as a side question, should i take the radiator out and install it upside down? I've read that front mounted with pipes down is next to best position for an aio (top mounted is what I've heard as being the best) and my highest point in the loop is somewhere in the pipes as of now.
if you have enough pipe length, go for it. I don't think it would change cooling though. As long as top of radiator is above the pump, it doesn't really matter if pipes are up or down.

Air coming out of radiator doesn't really change the temps of the GPU that much.

at least that Deepcool case has intakes on front, I saw one last night where they pretended to have vents.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No way to know that first one without getting those fans, testing them with how you normally use the PC, and then comparing your results.

The second one can't be done, as the psu shroud is in the way. When the fluid level gets low enough, the worst you get is some noise, which you can roll with fear-free until the ears can't take no more, after which you throw out the cooler; 360mm is too big to put anywhere else in the CL500.

Whatever the low load thermals are, they won't be any more dangerous to the core than the still well within spec 80C. Now, if actual load thermals are a concern, the further OCed gpu is puzzling; the energy use and heat output of the largest power guzzler in the PC is increased. The energy from the PC is released into your room, increasing room ambient, and some of it goes right back into the case, increasing case ambient. One big loop, which air conditioning squashes a chunk of. Don't have/use that, then increasing system power use shouldn't really be on the table.

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
The second one can't be done, as the psu shroud is in the way
Yeah, i realised this after opening the chassis and having a look.

As for this
after which you throw out the cooler; 360mm is too big to put anywhere else in the CL500.
Considering this build is about three quarters of a year old and the heaviest things i do with it are benchmarking + overclocking (I don't really have a specific reason for overclocking, i just want to see how far i can push this rig) + 4k AAA titles, how much time would that take? And will the i7 still stay cool enough if i replace it with a 240mm aio for top mounting when that happens?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
how much time would that take?
Dunno. The expected lifespan of these coolers has a wide gap. A couple years to... 9 years is the longest I've heard? That doesn't speak at all to how many hours those coolers have spent on a daily basis.

And will the i7 still stay cool enough if i replace it with a 240mm aio for top mounting when that happens?
That's another test and find out scenario. The 12700 will not care about throttling until core operating temperatures reach 99.5C.