[SOLVED] Will a red devil 5700 XT fit in a b450m?

Jul 10, 2022
I have an MSI b450m pro vdh max motherboard and want to upgrade my graphics card to a powercolor red devil rx 5700 XT, there are 2 sata ports at the edge of the board aligned with the graphics card that the graphics card will have to go over (because the card is VERY long), and I'm not sure if the card will be able to go above them. my case will be able to fit the card, but I don't know about the sata ports. Will it fit?

Solution
That GPU will fit on that board with no issues, the 2 sata ports the stick up are above the the slot, you will still be able to use them 2 sata connecters as well as the right-angled ones, the only thing it'll block is one if not both of the them 1x pcie lanes, might not be a big deal for you though. You'll be fine even if the card is longer than the board. For ease of use, plug everything in that you need to in them right angles sata ports, it'll be easier before you install the card.
b450m_pro-vdh_max-hero.png
D

Deleted member 362816

Boards like that are designed with a large GPU in mind if you look at the layout the top 2 are above the gpu slot and the ones under it are angled to still be used with a GPU installed.

That GPU will fit on that board with no issues, the 2 sata ports the stick up are above the the slot, you will still be able to use them 2 sata connecters as well as the right-angled ones, the only thing it'll block is one if not both of the them 1x pcie lanes, might not be a big deal for you though. You'll be fine even if the card is longer than the board. For ease of use, plug everything in that you need to in them right angles sata ports, it'll be easier before you install the card.
b450m_pro-vdh_max-hero.png

Solution