will AMD bury Intel ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

keen5336

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
its probably mmm that made a new account ;) no new member would post like that... someone just wanted to start a flame war and not get pegged for it

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
its probably mmm that made a new account ;) no new member would post like that... someone just wanted to start a flame war and not get pegged for it

I totally agree. Whoever it is, he's an idiot and a coward. I also find it funny that it's not so much a AMD vs. Intel war as it is an Ignorant vs. Rational one.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

I totally agree. Whoever it is, he's an idiot and a coward. I also find it funny that it's not so much a AMD vs. Intel war as it is an Ignorant vs. Rational one. Who is on who's side.Ycon is on the ignorant side i know that but how about me?

buckiller

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
AMD burry Intel? LMAO, Intel has much better marketing. On TV, I never see AMD ads. So you tell me, will AMD burry Intel?

BTW, this is a stupid fanboy thread, why you post it anyway?

Wouldnt it be great if AMD showed their top secret 65nm chips that have already started manufacturing and will be ready for shipping in a month? And their performance/heat/power consumption was better than conroe? That would bury Intel since AMD has almost all of the momentum right now...

Realistically, since AMD isnt talking about their new stuff, its likely that it is either far off or not as a big a leap over conroe as they thought it would be. So Intel should regain their composure in the market.

You dont need advertisement for your CPU if all the PC makers do it for you...I have seen tons of advertisements for HP/gateway etc. touting how much better this xxx AMD chip is better than P4. So if AMD actually matches Intel in a timely manner, they could keep their momentum going and really break into the market.

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006

I totally agree. Whoever it is, he's an idiot and a coward. I also find it funny that it's not so much a AMD vs. Intel war as it is an Ignorant vs. Rational one. Who is on who's side.Ycon is on the ignorant side i know that but how about me?

I meant that crimir is the ignorant one. Almost everyone else are the rational ones. Yes, that means you! :D

azrealhk

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Conroe will be a good series of CPUs, and AMD will have to work hard this time.

However AMD did it with the well before.....

1G AMD chip beating every the PIII had to offer.
(I hear CONROE went back to this technology).

Does AMD have a secret weapon, can they do it again?

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Conroe will be a good series of CPUs, and AMD will have to work hard this time.

However AMD did it with the well before.....

1G AMD chip beating every the PIII had to offer.
(I hear CONROE went back to this technology).

Does AMD have a secret weapon, can they do it again?
Yes reverse hyperthreading and z-ram.