Will Asrock B450 Pro4 (not B450M) work fine?

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
I've heard good advice that B450M Pro4 is a good motherboard for value and high-end gaming (although lacking VRM and not a high-end overclocker). However, the mobo is M-ATX, which means it lacks the slots for other cards. I might need a full-on ATX mobo, and I chose its bigger counterpart, the B450 Pro4. But does the mobo good as the B450M? I know it might be slightly more expensive, but I think it's the same motherboard with bigger scale and more card slots.

If not, I might have to choose other motherboards.

Solution
Yes, it will be as good as the B450M Pro4 and while it may be more expensive it will still not exactly be expensive. It's still a budget board, just in ATX form factor.

I'm not sure what you want the greater number of card slots for. The aTX variant shares the same PCIe lane limitations of the B450 chipset. So take a good look at the specifications and see which slots (both PCIe and M.2) get disabled or bandwidth reduced when you plug devices into other slots or SATA ports so you aren't surprised later on.

If you really need to populate a lot of PCIe slots and use a lot of storage points then an X470 board may be more suitable.

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018

I'm going to sound extremely stupid, but I might add a sound card and a wifi adapter card. I doubt the built-in sound quality of the mobos; might need a better sound boost (which is mostly unnecessary). My house only has wifi Internet access, and a wifi would be good. Is it a lot? Do I still need an X470?

I think you'll be fine as both WiFi AIC's and sound card AIC's can be found for PCIe x1 slots.

I'd suggest you price out the whole deal though and compare that to an upgraded board the includes both WiFi and a premium audio section. Unless, of course, you already have one or both of them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS