[SOLVED] Will changing from "vga cable" to "dvi-d dual link / hdmi cable" upgrade my graphics quality on a 1920x1080 monitor

dragon3025

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
I have a 1920x1080 monitor with a 60Hz refresh rate. It has a vga connector and a dvi-d connector. My PC outputs in either vga or hdmi.

If I switch from a VGA cable to a cable with one end that's HDMI and another end that's DVI-D Dual link, will my I get a better graphic quality? I'm already using speakers, so the audio isn't an issue.

Solution

Well, I got my HDMI cable as a mobile operator's gift and things got a little better back in time, though half people then told me it doesn't really matter. Well, my eye is kinda' accurate, despite of one little skotoma :D

DVI-to HDMI is still generally better than VGA. How much better I don't know. For a cheap adapter cable like this I'd say it's worth trying it.

Well, I got my HDMI cable as a mobile operator's gift and things got a little better back in time, though half people then told me it doesn't really matter. Well, my eye is kinda' accurate, despite of one little skotoma :D

DVI-to HDMI is still generally better than VGA. How much better I don't know. For a cheap adapter cable like this I'd say it's worth trying it.

Solution

dragon3025

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

I switched from VGA to DVI but didn't see any appreciable difference (but I'm not a gamer so that could be relevant).
Just try it and judge for yourself like I did. After all, it only involves buying a cable not a new monitor!

I'm going to have to think about it. I didn't want to spend a lot on a monitor, but I don't want to get the cable if it wasn't going to do much. I just realized it would be really nice to get the speaker clutter of my desk, so that's also something to consider.