Will DirectX 12 Come to Windows 7?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
the 30 FPS boost seems more like your hard drive and/or registry was just so cluttered that a new OS on a cleaned out hard drive made a huge differnece to your FPS rate but in that windows 8 is bad for desktops while windows 8.1 is good for desktops.

xHDx

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
No, it gives you better FPS, because it's a better OS than Win7

It's not that my PC was cluttered, just that it works better with games. I can tell because some games don't benefit from an FPS boost.

It just depends on what config you have and what game you're describing. The games with more advanced engine, got me a boost. Or so that's how it looks.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
yes it is a better OS just it isnt that much of an issue for which OS you are using unless you are emlating windows 8 on windows 7 to play the game which is highly unlikely. Other than emulating the other OS the OS change should only make a 5% ~8% diffenrece in FPS rates at most not that +30 FPS boost which you are claiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.