Question Will getting more RAM make more games run?

May 6, 2019
Alright, so i have a pretty old PC that i'm gonna say specification in a moment. Firstly, it's black friday so i have some thoughts of getting maybe a new PC or upgrade. Perhaps i could play these games? I keep getting 'out of memory' errors for most games i tried. The games sometimes worked and/or still work which shows that i can run them without problems. So that's why i'm curious that getting a 64-bit of possibly a windows 10 or windows 7 and getting more ram because my PC also says its 64-bit compatible.
Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.30 GHz
RAM: 4 GB (3,12 GB usable)
System type: 32-bit
Most of these games i looked for a solution to lower the graphics as much as possible, but it's not working and it's pretty ugly.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you know what motherboard it is?

swapping to 64bit also give you more ram even if you stayed on 4gb (not that i would) as the memory locations allocated to GPU are far above the memory addresses the ram is allocated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
32 bit operating systems only allow a max of 4gb of memory addresses. Each part of the memory is given an address so that the program can know where the data is stored (simplification).
In a 32bit all ram in the system has to be fit into 4gb of memory address, this includes any on the graphics card itself.
If your GPU has 500mb of ram, this amount will reduce the amount of usable ram in system by the same amount
Max ram a 32 bit system with windows will show is approx 3.5gb. subtract a 500mb GPU from that and you only get 3gb for all the programs to run in.

In a 64bit system, the memory addresses available to the system is in the range on 18.8 exabytes of memory, and the GPU ram memory addresses can be placed so far above the range of physically installable ram that a PC with 4gb of ram and 64bit can access 3.9gb of that ram

your system now gives 3.12gb? you would get approx 800mb more with 64bit.

May 6, 2019
32 bit operating systems only allow a max of 4gb of memory addresses. Each part of the memory is given an address so that the program can know where the data is stored (simplification).
In a 32bit all ram in the system has to be fit into 4gb of memory address, this includes any on the graphics card itself.
If your GPU has 500mb of ram, this amount will reduce the amount of usable ram in system by the same amount
Max ram a 32 bit system with windows will show is approx 3.5gb. subtract a 500mb GPU from that and you only get 3gb for all the programs to run in.

In a 64bit system, the memory addresses available to the system is in the range on 18.8 exabytes of memory, and the GPU ram memory addresses can be placed so far above the range of physically installable ram that a PC with 4gb of ram and 64bit can access 3.9gb of that ram

your system now gives 3.12gb? you would get approx 800mb more with 64bit.
so basically do i need a whole new PC or is it possible to change a part in my computer?

Colif

Win 11 Master
If your PC is 64bit compatible, all you need is win 10 64 bit version, like you asked already.

All I was explaining is 64 bit gives you more to use of what you already have. Getting more ram on top is still a good idea as most programs like more ram.

You don't need a new PC to use it.