Aug 14, 2019
Pc specification at the moment :
144Hz Monitor - AOC (Main-Monitor)
60Hz Monitor - Samsung (Second-Monitor)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 1600x 6 Cores 12 Threads - 3.60GHz
16GB Ram
Graphics Card: Nvidia Gtx 950
Storage : 500gb SSD + 1 Alternative HDD 2TB

So have been saving up and buying parts to build a PC that will be able to stream 900pp60fps while running games at a resolution of 1080p with 100-144 fps(because I have a 144hz monitor) on low settings, of course, I have decided to buy a new internal for my pc which is going to be a 1660 super, however, I don't know if it is a good upgrade to stream 900p60fps on games like Fortnite and Osu!

I would like to hear your thoughts on if it is a good upgrade (which it is of course but is it enough for my needs) and if there would be a better combination with my current CPU then please respond to me with advice on which graphics card I should get.

Last edited:
Solution
that would be a very good upgrade.

since you didnt mention it, i think you don't know, but nvidia has on all rtx and on gtx super cards something called the "nvenc" encoder. basically a hardware accelerated encoder that doesnt impact performance much.

if you use it, you can get much better quality streams.
the 1660 super supports it, so, get that.

since you didnt mention it, i think you don't know, but nvidia has on all rtx and on gtx super cards something called the "nvenc" encoder. basically a hardware accelerated encoder that doesnt impact performance much.

Reactions: Omzy
Solution

Omzy

Commendable
Aug 14, 2019

so around the price of 240£ do you think I could get a graphics card that is better or is 1660 super the best purchase for that price range? I don’t have as much knowledge on graphics cards...

Omzy

Commendable
Aug 14, 2019
well, in each region pricing is different.
the 2060 would be better, but its 300$, the 1660 super is 220$.

the 1660 ti is 279, but doesnt have the nvenc encoder.
Yeah prices for graphics cards are kind of stupid at the moment, I think the cheapest I can get a 1660 super would be for around £220 and that is like 240$ and the 2060 is £330 which is around 340/350$

TRENDING THREADS