Question will I be fine is backplate on aorus master z390 touches the case?

Feb 17, 2019
is the backplate on the aorus master z390 meant to touch the case? Cuz for me it's touching, is this normal? (sorry first time builder)

also will not using the middle standoff be perfectly fine? Since with it the case can't fit with the preinstalled standoff (it's a weird standoff) and it's already sturdy af with the backplate and nothing will short the board

here is a pic View: https://imgur.com/a/GD9bs2l

What standoff are you talking about? For the motherboard? If there is a standoff hole in the motherboard, then a standoff needs to be used there. Period.

If there is no hole there in the motherboard for a standoff, regardless of where on the motherboard it is, then no standoff should be installed there in the case or you'll short something out.

As for the backplate, even on old cases with very little cable management room I've never seen the backplate touch anything AND those drive bays stick out WAY further than the backplate, so I'm not sure how it could be touching anything anyhow?

Are you talking about it touching the side panel when the side panel is installed. I can't really see that happening. Where exactly is it touching? Probably it's not an issue anyhow, but lets be sure about that because as of right now what you are asking isn't entirely clear.

Feb 17, 2019
What standoff are you talking about? For the motherboard? If there is a standoff hole in the motherboard, then a standoff needs to be used there. Period.

If there is no hole there in the motherboard for a standoff, regardless of where on the motherboard it is, then no standoff should be installed there in the case or you'll short something out.

As for the backplate, even on old cases with very little cable management room I've never seen the backplate touch anything AND those drive bays stick out WAY further than the backplate, so I'm not sure how it could be touching anything anyhow?

Are you talking about it touching the side panel when the side panel is installed. I can't really see that happening. Where exactly is it touching? Probably it's not an issue anyhow, but lets be sure about that because as of right now what you are asking isn't entirely clear.
here, so as you can clearly see where i'm pointing in the first picture, the white part of the case is making contact with the backplate of the board

on the second picture, where my index is pointed, is an unoccupied standoff location. I contacted my local technician and apparently this is a special case. The case i'm using has that standoff mount elevated so a normal standoff would stick out too high. It's fine not using that one standoff since if i literally press with close to all my strength the board will NEVER make contact with the case.

View: https://imgur.com/a/1zdrah5

Is it barely touching, or is the case pressing on the backplate enough to where the backplate might be bent backwards into the motherboard itself?

If it's barely touching, just light contact, that should not be a problem. If it was the bottom of the motherboard itself, that would be a problem, but the backplate armor touching should not itself be an issue unless it is so tight that it forces the backplate to flex back against the motherboard and possibly touch or short something out. I doubt that that is the case though. It looks to me like it's fine.

Yeah, that's fine. That's not a problem at all. In fact, you're right, it probably IS designed to just barely touch or to not touch. It really depends on the size of the standoffs based on the case design. They are not all the same. It depends on how the designed the rear I/O panel to determine how tall the standoffs need to be. Some cases have more distance between the board the motherboard tray, with taller standoffs, than others. So on one case with very tall standoffs, it might not touch at all. On others, with common height standoffs, it probably always just barely touches. I'd have no issue with that if I were doing the build.

TRENDING THREADS