Question Will I ever be able to retrieve this data completely ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 2, 2019
Hey. Recently I asked my brother his external 3Tb hard drive because I needed to make a save of some of my files to reinstall Windows 10. But here comes the part when I messed up like a fkin idiot: so I also asked him for a USB key in FAT32 to put Windows on it, the thing is, after 3attempts, it still didn’t work. I was mad and I was thinking « let’s put it on the hard drive then » (that was formatted in NTFS but is now in FAT32 and locked at 32Gb) haha worst error of my life. 2Tb of data, gone, though not completely, and actually I’m using DiskDigger to retrieve the data but my question is: since the installation of Windows formatted the disk from NTFS to FAT32, can I just reformat the disk back to NTFS without losing the data that’s still deep in it ? Also if anyone knows, will I be able to restore/put back the data directly into the External HDD again ? I hope y’all can help me, thanks in advance.