[SOLVED] Will I experience any malfunction in my system with the given condition?

Dec 4, 2019
So I've just bought a new PC:
MOBO: GIGABYTE Z370M DS3H
CPU: Intel i5-8500 3.0 GHz
RAM: Patriot Viper4 16GB 3200 Mhz
PSU: NJOY Agon 600W
SSD: Kingston A2000 500GB
GPU: (awaiting installation)

So the problem is that my CPU Socket on the motherboard is missing one single pin. My brother said it shouldn't be a problem but others said I should send it back immediately. So I've listened and installed Windows 10 Enterprise x64 and it seems like everything is working fine but I read somewhere that my CPU might not be working on it's full potential.

I want to make things clear. Should I send it back or not?

View: https://imgur.com/a/rMUMfV9

Solution
If that board came that way from the seller then you have every ground to return the board and get it replaced with a new board. In fact you shouldn't be working with a board that has bent/broken CPU socket pins to begin with.

The other thing, get a more reliable PSU, something like the Corsair CX550W unit or higher in pedigree. Might I ask where you sourced the OS from? Odd to have an Enterprise OS on your build when the Home version would do just fine.

Lutfij

Titan
If that board came that way from the seller then you have every ground to return the board and get it replaced with a new board. In fact you shouldn't be working with a board that has bent/broken CPU socket pins to begin with.

The other thing, get a more reliable PSU, something like the Corsair CX550W unit or higher in pedigree. Might I ask where you sourced the OS from? Odd to have an Enterprise OS on your build when the Home version would do just fine.

Solution
Dec 4, 2019

I'm studying to be an IT Engineer and every IT student can acquire Windows license. I installed Enterprise because of the additional functions it provide, but maybe useless I dont know.