[SOLVED] Will I have to reinstall Windows if I change the motherboard and CPU?

Solution
Will I have to reinstall Windows if I change the motherboard and CPU?

You always should. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Following the best practices is the best way to avoid the worst results.

Now, if you choose to cut corners, your success rate will be influenced by how different the equipment is. Windows 10 is better than previous Windows, but there's a good chance it doesn't work at all or perhaps even worse, it appears to work fine until you realize three months later you have an annoying performance issue or an occasional blue screen.

Plus, all the Windows crap, you're just accumulating more. It's like buying a new car and transplanting all the crumbs from your old car's floor to the new one. It's usually...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Will I have to reinstall Windows if I change the motherboard and CPU?

You always should. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Following the best practices is the best way to avoid the worst results.

Now, if you choose to cut corners, your success rate will be influenced by how different the equipment is. Windows 10 is better than previous Windows, but there's a good chance it doesn't work at all or perhaps even worse, it appears to work fine until you realize three months later you have an annoying performance issue or an occasional blue screen.

Plus, all the Windows crap, you're just accumulating more. It's like buying a new car and transplanting all the crumbs from your old car's floor to the new one. It's usually beneficial to do a full fresh reinstall of your OS drive every few years and new hardware is a good opportunity to do so.

Solution