[SOLVED] Will i3 7100 bottleneck Rx 570 8gb?

Jul 28, 2020
Hmm.. I know there're are lotta questions on this topic but I'm still in doubt 🧐.
I'm thinking of pairing...

Core i3 - 7100 3.9Ghz 4MB
With Asus Rog Strix RX 570 8 GB OC Edition
2 x 8GB (running at 2400Mhz)
On h110m h mobo
If it'll bottleneck then by how much percentage?
Thanks!
[I hope you guys understand]

Solution
The Rx 570 isn't all that much better than a 1050ti, a few fps is all, so any of the 1600 series is going to be a decent step up yet not have the power requirements of the amd cards. Which could be important to that psu.

A bottleneck is a piece of equipment that will slow down the flow of info. On that basis, a cpu cannot be a bottleneck as its the source of info, all fps come from the cpu. So whichever cpu you get is going to be putting out all the fps it can, it'll be on the gpu and details/resolution as to how many make it onscreen. Whether the gpu can put all of them onscreen is a different question.
Hmm.. I know there're are lotta questions on this topic but I'm still in doubt 🧐.
I'm thinking of pairing...

Core i3 - 7100 3.9Ghz 4MB
With Asus Rog Strix RX 570 8 GB OC Edition
2 x 8GB (running at 2400Mhz)
On h110m h mobo
If it'll bottleneck then by how much percentage?
Thanks!
[I hope you guys understand]
You're somewhat limited with a dual core CPU and no turbo boost, but games that only use 1 or 2 cores should work the best and your CPU has hyper-threading which may help some too. Games that can make use of lots of cores will probably not get as high fps but it will still work.

Do you already have the CPU/MB and are looking to upgrade the GPU only? What brand and model power supply do you have? I wouldn't worry too much about bottleneck. You should be able to get close to 100% use from the RX 570.

Reactions: Ash_GameKiller?
Jul 28, 2020
Do you already have the CPU/MB and are looking to upgrade the GPU only? What brand and model power supply do you have? I wouldn't worry too much about bottleneck. You should be able to get close to 100% use from the RX 570.

First of all thanks for the reply :)

Yeah I already have CPU and Mobo.
My PSU is of Antec Atom 550W Non Modular

Should I really go for it (Rx 570) ? Or is there any other GPU which you'd like to suggest me?
What about using GTX 1650 /1660/1650 Super?

One more question : Since my Mobo Gigabyte H110M-H only supports 6/7 th gens Intel processors. So, which processor will be the best?
Here's the cpu list Cpu support

I literally don't have much knowledge of the cpu :p

Jan 14, 2020

Should I really go for it (Rx 570) ? Or is there any other GPU which you'd like to suggest me?

One more question : Since my Mobo Gigabyte H110M-H only supports 6/7 th gens Intel processors. So, which processor will be the best?

any i5 7th will be good for you, i wont recommand upgrading to i7 since it would be more better to upgrade for i3 10100 with new mobo with the same price as the i7

The GTX 1650 Super would be a good alternative but it seems they're nowhere to be found right now. Everywhere I look is out-of-stock except for super high scalper prices. I would not pay more than $175.00 USD for one.

As far as upgrading your CPU, my personal opinion is to save for a new platform as yours is aging and you have a really low budget motherboard. In the meantime your GPU upgrade will help.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The Rx 570 isn't all that much better than a 1050ti, a few fps is all, so any of the 1600 series is going to be a decent step up yet not have the power requirements of the amd cards. Which could be important to that psu.

A bottleneck is a piece of equipment that will slow down the flow of info. On that basis, a cpu cannot be a bottleneck as its the source of info, all fps come from the cpu. So whichever cpu you get is going to be putting out all the fps it can, it'll be on the gpu and details/resolution as to how many make it onscreen. Whether the gpu can put all of them onscreen is a different question.

Solution
Jul 28, 2020
The GTX 1650 Super would be a good alternative but it seems they're nowhere to be found right now. Everywhere I look is out-of-stock except for super high scalper prices. I would not pay more than $175.00 USD for one.

GTX 1650 Super and Rx 570 both are available in my country. GTX 1650Super is somewhat cheaper than Rx 570, here. Should I go for 4 GB GTX 1650 Super OC edition or 4 GB Rx 570 variant? What would you recommend to me?
Does VRAM matter?

I wanna play modern AAA games at minimum 60 FPS. I don't want 100+ FPS in all games.

GTX 1650 Super and Rx 570 both are available in my country. GTX 1650Super is somewhat cheaper than Rx 570, here. Should I go for 4 GB GTX 1650 Super OC edition or 4 GB Rx 570 variant? What would you recommend to me?
Does VRAM matter?

I wanna play modern AAA games at minimum 60 FPS. I don't want 100+ FPS in all games.
The GTX 1650 Super would be my choice for GPU in that price range. I don't know if your 7th gen. i3 CPU will give you the minimum fps you want but you should know that if you own the board and CPU already. If you're not getting the fps you want you'll need to consider a platform upgrade to a newer, more powerful CPU and motherboard. The GPU processes frames sent from the CPU so the CPU bears the burden of determining fps as Karadjgne mentioned above.

Jul 28, 2020

Thnx for the all replies, guys!
Gonna pair my i3 7100 with GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition.
I hope it won't bottleneck that much... :|

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Tailored, probably. I'd not use presets like High or ultra, always choose the higher then customize. Those in-game settings will include things such as viewing distance, grass detail etc which is very much cpu bound. Those you can lower to increase cpu fps delivered to the gpu. The gpu works on details, like anti-alias, lighting, cloud affects etc and some of that can be lowered which can drastically increase gpu fps.

When sniping from a tower, do you really care about the silvery linings in a cloud? The gpu does and will try its hardest to do so, at the expense of fps.