AwashZ

Prominent
Oct 8, 2021
Sup.
I have a Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA edition motherboard, recently bought, initialy for the i5- 13600k.

But i saw some people saying that wont work unless you update Bios. The funny thing i dont have any intel processor, cuz i was an AMD user.

So i want to know if there is any chance that the system will post or boot with 13th gen by any chance!? So atleast bios gets updated...
Or
I'll just have to get an 12th gen cpu 😓

Thank ya!

Solution
Sup.
I have a Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero EVA edition motherboard, recently bought, initialy for the i5- 13600k.

But i saw some people saying that wont work unless you update Bios. The funny thing i dont have any intel processor, cuz i was an AMD user.

So i want to know if there is any chance that the system will post or boot with 13th gen by any chance!? So atleast bios gets updated...
Or

Thank ya!

Some z690's have a bios flash option, run through USB. Fortunately, yours is one of those. So you should be able to do it just fine.
Sup.

Or

Thank ya!

Some z690's have a bios flash option, run through USB. Fortunately, yours is one of those. So you should be able to do it just fine.

Reactions: AwashZ
Solution

logainofhades

Titan
As others have stated, that board does have bios flashback.

Back Panel I/O Ports
2 x Thunderbolt™ 4 USB Type-C® ports
7 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports (6 x Type-A + 1 x USB Type-C®)
2 x USB 2.0 ports (2 x Type-A)
1 x HDMI® port
1 x Wi-Fi Module
1 x Intel® 2.5Gb Ethernet port
5 x Gold-plated audio jacks
1 x Optical S/PDIF out port
1 x BIOS FlashBack™ button
1 x Clear CMOS button

AwashZ

Prominent
Oct 8, 2021
Will the rog pen drive that came with the MOBO will do?
Cuz i dont have an extra pc to download from asus support the required updates, so i can flashback.

(I am using my phone here)