[SOLVED] Will it work in Europe??

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
Greetings,

Usually I am not so dense, but this issue could be very expensive if it goes badly and I am not sure I have the answer.

I might be moving from the US to Europe for a couple of years. My question: Will my US built system, with a good PSU, say, (CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 CP-9020140-NA 1200W 80 PLUS PLATINUM),
- whose voltage handles 100v-240v - work without any problem??

I know I would need adapters and such, but will my other PC components works safely (especially CPU and GPU)...or it all depends on the PSU??

Thanks in advance

Solution
I might be moving from the US to Europe for a couple of years. My question: Will my US built system, with a good PSU, say, (CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 CP-9020140-NA 1200W 80 PLUS PLATINUM),

I know I would need adapters and such, but will my other PC components works safely (especially CPU and GPU)...or it all depends on the PSU??
Yes, it'll work. And to figure this out in the future, look at the labeling on the PSU. It'll say what input it takes. If it's something in the range of 100V-240V and 50Hz/60Hz, it's essentially a universal power supply. The components in the PC won't care, since the goal of the PSU is to convert AC power into DC power.

Regarding...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Greetings,

Usually I am not so dense, but this issue could be very expensive if it goes badly and I am not sure I have the answer.

Thanks in advance

Yup, 100V-240V means, like in all good PSUs these days -- and a lot of bad ones -- that the PSU is equipped to deal with different voltages instantly.

Reactions: PEnns

Yes, it'll work. And to figure this out in the future, look at the labeling on the PSU. It'll say what input it takes. If it's something in the range of 100V-240V and 50Hz/60Hz, it's essentially a universal power supply. The components in the PC won't care, since the goal of the PSU is to convert AC power into DC power.

Regarding adapters, I would say buy an IEC to whatever mains connector for the country you're in. But if you do get a passive adapter, make sure it has a ground pin.

Reactions: PEnns
Solution

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020

Regarding adapters, I would say buy an IEC to whatever mains connector for the country you're in. But if you do get a passive adapter, make sure it has a ground pin.

Thank you! Much appreciated!