[SOLVED] Will it work well together?

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
Hi all, I'm planning on buying a PC and I just want to know before buying it if its specs work together well in a sense that I don't have one part that's significantly better than another.
Keep in mind I don't plan on doing very heavy GPU tasks and that I'm open to swapping parts if you explain why it's advised.
If there are any other points you think I should know please also write them.

The Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF

CPU Cooler: AORUS WATERFORCE 240

MOBO: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4

RAM: XPG GAMMIX 2x16GB 3200Mhz CL16

GPU: GALAX RTX 3060 (1-Click OC)

SSD: XPG 1TB PCIe Gen4x4 M.2 2280

PSU: Antec HCG-650G

Case: Antec P82-Flow

running Windows 11

Thx in advance

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Hey there,

Yes, that's a pretty solid/balanced build. CPU is top. Almost second to none. PSU is based on the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, and although slightly different is pretty decent.

Your GPU as you've pointed out for your needs is midrange. Good enough for what you need, and strong enough to still game pretty well, at last gen RTX2070Super levels.

I'd make the argument for faster ram. Whilst 3200mhz isn't exactly slow, your CPU and mobo can handle much faster speeds. Maybe 3600mhz low CL for a compromise, with a slight increase in performance in most tasks with the faster ram.

Otherwise, good choices.
Hey there,

Yes, that's a pretty solid/balanced build. CPU is top. Almost second to none. PSU is based on the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, and although slightly different is pretty decent.

Your GPU as you've pointed out for your needs is midrange. Good enough for what you need, and strong enough to still game pretty well, at last gen RTX2070Super levels.

I'd make the argument for faster ram. Whilst 3200mhz isn't exactly slow, your CPU and mobo can handle much faster speeds. Maybe 3600mhz low CL for a compromise, with a slight increase in performance in most tasks with the faster ram.

Otherwise, good choices.

Solution

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
Hey there,

Otherwise, good choices.
Thank you!