Will my Corsair 650watt handle asus 6970 cf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguyentranv

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
I am just wondering if the my psu can handle asus 6970 in cf, i am not planning on doing any overclocking on the gpu and cpu yet. Just for temporary for a month or 2 would the psu handle them?

Here is current my system

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100t BE
RAM: 4gb dual slot 800mhz
MB : GB 890GPA-UD3H
HDD: 2x 500gb WD blue Raid0 1x 80gb seagate
PSU: Corsair 650watt
Optical drive: Samsung DVD drive

thank you for your time reading

gnomio

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
If it does have the right amount of molexes for the cards then you can give it a try. That's a good psu but it won't mess up your hardware as its protections are up and running. If you start to experience problems then think about a bigger one but for now that one should do it

gnomio

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

did you buy the psu already or do you need to buy it still? Thought you already purchased it. If not what's your budget?

beenthere

Distinguished
If you want to objectively, accurately and scientifically determine what PSU power is required for your Vid card and PC in both watts and 12v rail amps., the forum Utility link below will show you how easy it is to calculate this information and objectively determine which PSUs are quality built, reliable PSUs that can meet your needs. Be advised that the available 12v rail amps. is just as important as the total PSU wattage. You need both to be correct.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read-determine-power-required

To run a system using two Radeon HD 6970 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode a power supply with a minimum of 800 Watts or greater with a minimum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 62 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin and two 8-pin PCI Express Supplementary Power Connectors is recommended.

The most important power supply specification is the minimum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating value not its wattage.

You'll be safer going with an 850 Watt PSU with a minimum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 70 Amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.