koolman_

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
i am upgrading my current system to a P3 733 and a radeon 64mb card the motherboard is asus CUSL2,i want to know that will my existing 256mb of 100mhz ram will work fine with my new board and cpu as they both have 133mhz bus speed if yes how much performance loss will i get also will it effect my 3d games performance.

Never share your secrets with a friend,you never know when he becomes your enemy.

rbertino

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001
Your PC100 SDRAM will work in the Asus CUSL2. I couldn't tell you specifically what the performance hit would be versus PC133, but I wouldn't think it would be a big difference.
Depending on how much you're willing to spend you may just want to go ahead and get a 256 MB stick of PC133 CL 2 SDRAM. You can get one from www.crucial.com for $68.
If, on the other hand, you are trying to save a little money, then I would think the PC100 would perform fine. The video card is usually the biggest factor when it comes to games nowadays, so since you're getting the Radeon 64 MB, it should work great.

<i>I don't know anything about computers... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...</i> :lol:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
YOu will see a substation performance increase by using Cas2 PC133, which is very inexpensive right now. Besides, you can only use single sided DIMMS, you might have 2 sided right now. Crucial.com is the best source for reputation and has great prices.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

The guys above are right. Additionally, Crucial CAS 2 PC-133 RAM can be overclocked quite safely. With the mobo you're getting, I'd spend that little bit extra and reap the benefits.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Hey man... your "holiday inn" sig is a number of weeks old now...
or does that mean u actually live in a holiday inn? *grin*

This behavior must not continue! Feel the BURNING STARE of my HAMSTER... and change your ways!