[SOLVED] Will my PC run with 3 sticks of ram?

Dec 24, 2019
I am currently using this motherboard: Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming AM4

My ram: 1 stick of G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2800, and 2 sticks of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 DRAM Desktop Memory 16GB Kit

Will it run fine? Thanks

Solution

My ram: 1 stick of G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2800, and 2 sticks of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 DRAM Desktop Memory 16GB Kit

Will it run fine? Thanks

Possibly, if you already have the sticks try them, you're not going to physically damage anything.

That mismatch is going to run single channel though which will degrade performance on any ryzen cpu quite badly.

Unless you actually desperately need 24gb of ram for some productivity purpose you're better just running the 2 x 8gb corsair in dual channel and sticking with 16gb total.

Will it run fine? Thanks

Possibly, if you already have the sticks try them, you're not going to physically damage anything.

That mismatch is going to run single channel though which will degrade performance on any ryzen cpu quite badly.

Unless you actually desperately need 24gb of ram for some productivity purpose you're better just running the 2 x 8gb corsair in dual channel and sticking with 16gb total.

Solution
Dec 24, 2019

Thanks so much, I still don't have them so I'll try them when they arrive.