Question Will my temps be too high?

bobz5460

Prominent
Jun 3, 2022
Hi. I have a Acer TC 885 prebuilt, and I was wondering, if I upgraded the PSU and got a PNY GTX 1650 with an exhaust fan at the back of the case, will it get to hot? Thanks.
Specs:
CPU: Intel i3 8100 with stock fan(I could upgrade if I needed to)
RAM: 12gb DDR4 2666mhz
GPU: 1650 4gb
Storage: A 1tb HDD and a 500gb HDD

_ThunderClap_

Commendable
Oct 1, 2021
Whats ur ambient temperature and are there any openings in front of the case for air to flow in from? If ur ambient is below 35°C and there is sufficient space for air to enter the case. Then u are good to go. Use a high RPM fan. If u are using a fan below 120mm then no need to worry because they are often high RPM. And if ur system somehow runs hot cpu and gpu coolers can handle it no problem. So no need to worry.

bobz5460

Prominent
Jun 3, 2022
Whats ur ambient temperature and are there any openings in front of the case for air to flow in from? If ur ambient is below 35°C and there is sufficient space for air to enter the case. Then u are good to go. Use a high RPM fan. If u are using a fan below 120mm then no need to worry because they are often high RPM. And if ur system somehow runs hot cpu and gpu coolers can handle it no problem. So no need to worry.
No, I don’t think there is a opening at the front, though there is one on the side. Also, what do you mean by ambient temperature, like just when I’m idle on the computer? If that’s what you mean, then the cpu would be at 40-50 degrees, but I’m not sure what the actual temps are inside of the case. As for the exhaust fan, I’m thinking of putting a be queit! Silent wings 3 Pwm 120mm version.

what do you mean by ambient temperature,

Ambient means in the surrounding area.

Your room temperature....or better yet the air temperature inside your case, which is not easily detectable without a probe of some type.

Room temperature would help. If your room temp goes down 5 degrees, the temps inside your case will likely have a similar if not exactly the same reduction.

Your personal anxiety level about temperatures is probably the most important factor. Some people are indifferent to 90, others would have a heart attack if temps were 80.

Reactions: _ThunderClap_

_ThunderClap_

Commendable
Oct 1, 2021
No, I don’t think there is a opening at the front, though there is one on the side. Also, what do you mean by ambient temperature, like just when I’m idle on the computer? If that’s what you mean, then the cpu would be at 40-50 degrees, but I’m not sure what the actual temps are inside of the case. As for the exhaust fan, I’m thinking of putting a be queit! Silent wings 3 Pwm 120mm version.
u will be just fine with that configuration. And what other options do u have if the temps are high(according to u) and what are ur expectations. The variant of GTX 1650 u want is single fan so donot expect the temps to be under 75°C under full load.

bobz5460

Prominent
Jun 3, 2022
u will be just fine with that configuration. And what other options do u have if the temps are high(according to u) and what are ur expectations. The variant of GTX 1650 u want is single fan so donot expect the temps to be under 75°C under full load.
Single fan?
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/pny-geforce-gtx-1650-4gb-dual-fan/apd/ac152756/graphic-video-cards
The one I’m looking at is dual fan, so I’m hoping temps are under around 80 degrees. Currently, I don’t really have another option that’s inside my price range and has the performance I need.

_ThunderClap_

Commendable
Oct 1, 2021
Single fan?
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/pny-geforce-gtx-1650-4gb-dual-fan/apd/ac152756/graphic-video-cards
The one I’m looking at is dual fan, so I’m hoping temps are under around 80 degrees. Currently, I don’t really have another option that’s inside my price range and has the performance I need.
Donot worry my friend if it is a dual fan variant. You will be just fine. If things do get toasty(99% sure it won't) then u can always remove the side panel of the case or slightly undervolt the gpu. ☺

bobz5460
How much is your upgrade budget?

If you buy a GTX 1650 that does not require 6 pin PCIe from the PSU, you don't even need to upgrade your PSU. Also these cards will thermal throttle at 83c and I think they have a max temp of 88-90c before the system shuts off.

It looks like you can add a fan to the rear of the case next to the motherboard if it doesn't already have one and it looks like the side panel can hold a CPU fan as well if the rear exhaust is not enough. It looks like it's compatible with a 90mm or 120mm, but I'm not totally sure on that. Arctic F12 or P12 would help push air around the inside while running at max speed without being too loud. You would probably have to run them off the PSU molex or sata power if the motherboard has no fan headers, but those fans are very quiet at max speed.